Sign in to follow this  
Gazer75

Hello and congratulation

Hello Team Avsim!First of all congratulations with another RTW Race Victory. 39 minutes!! :( I thought it was close back in 2007 :(Might be jumping back into FS9 again :( Unless I somehow find renewed interest in World of Warcraft.Finally built myself a new desktop after the old one died just before last years race. At least it didn't die in the middle of the race, leaving you guys with an unreliable MP and Voice server.Haven't touched anything FS related since. Probably forgot a load of stuff, like all the tweaks and what addon should be above and below.Anyways....just saying "hi" to the old guys.JT

Hi Jan, good to hear from you. I too lost interest in WOW (got very samey for me in the end) and am searching around for something else to grip my interest. I'm still mad on FS though and am really into FSX now i have a system that can run it ok. Bry and I still do a lot of flying together, and hope to take part in some inbetween events if they arrive.I'll give you a shout on MSN, if ever to remember to fire it up!

Harv.png?dl=1

Hello Jan,Very good to hear from you! This years race was very close race the whole way and it was great that team AVSIM was able to close out this year with a win. I have made the full transition to FSX. Hope you are able to join us for next years race.

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

JanGood to hear from you. This years race was another exciting event. We had good participation and some very exciting moments. One of the most exciting moments for me was in Australia. We took advantage of the weather and airfields to knock out some of the requirements and that allowed another team to get a leg out in from of us. As Vicious was flying a leg to get us the point where we were going to leave Australia, I noticed one of the other teams was leaving down under further to the East of our planned route (Flightsim as I recall.) What did they see that we did not?There was definitely some excitement on the Teamspeak as we scrambled to figure out where they were going and make the decision to divert the current leg. Then the weather was bad at the new destination, time was running out on the 2 hour limit, along with the fuel. We were all watching Tom go round and round on the live Google Earth tracking, along with airspeed and altitude as he was trying to get into Townsville. The picture of the live tracking is in the PIREPS thread. Very exciting, and the live tracking was excellent.I am still on FS9. I have a machine that should run X pretty well, but I just have not bothered to take the plunge and at this time, I am not in a position to spend money on my hobby by buying add ons for 10.

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

Yep, that leg was pretty high on the pucker factor for me. And seeing how close the race turned out to be, every little thing we got lucky on made the difference. Vicious

Hi JanSo good to hear from you!And you may rest assured that you will be *VERY WELLCOME* should you decide to climb into the cockpit again!BRGDSSven

Hi Jan,Absolutely delighted to hear from you. Hope all is well in all regards.We surely missed you this year. No :( musical interludes at all... Stay in touch,Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Welcome to AVSIM Forum. Hello everyone. I am Bobby Kennedy. I am an engineer (EEE).

Hello BobbyThanks for dropping by the AVSIM Round the World Race Forum. It is pretty quiet on this forum until we get closer to the annual Round the World Race date which by tradition is the first weekend after Valentines Day. Team Members will start gathering here in December and race practice usually starts in January and builds as we approach the actual race date.We are always looking for new team members and you are most welcome to join us. The Pireps (Pilot Reports) posts will give you a sense of what this years race was like:around-the-world-race-pireps-threadAn Bry’s new-recruits post is worth reading:a-little-story-for-any-potential-new-recruitsA lot more information about the race and it’s history can be found here:The Flight Simulator Around-The-World RaceIf you have any questions, please feel free to ask.Welcome

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Welcome to AVSIM Bobby, and welcome to the RTW Race forum.

Mike Beckwith