Sign in to follow this  
Guest Macs

FS2004 Multiple Windows Possibilities

MS say that FS2004 will have "Improved support for 3D graphics hardware acceleration in multiple windows and across multiple monitors".Does this mean that using a dual head graphics card and/or additional PCI graphics cards we should be able to run with multiple outside views without the drastic frame rate drop that is experienced in current versions of FS?And if so, will this also work under Win98 as well as under XP?I haven't noticed any discussion about this, and I would have thought that cockpit builders would be quite excited about it. I know about Wideview, but have been put off by the need to smuggle more computers into the house:) - this could be the solution.

Guest jaapverduijn

More than enough, but I guess none of us knows any more than you do. But I'm just as curious!Jaap Verduijn.

i am pretty confident that when they mean mulitple monitors, now you can undock and outside view i.e spot view and place it on your second monitor with no frame rate drops, like that experienced currently,well thats my understanding of that statement anyway.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Now that the NDA has supposedly been lifted on FS2004, I'd like to bump this thread back up to see if there is now an answer out there. Normally I'd be content with waiting for an official review to come out of this impending product, but I have a video card purchase opportunity in the next week that hinges on this bit of information.I am particularly interested in whether the newer ATI line of video cards (ie 9500 and upwards) works OK in dual monitor mode in FS2004 with a 3D view on each monitor. More specifically, I am considering purchasing a Radeon 9800 Pro and connecting the DVI out through a convertor dongle to a second monitor. Will this work without the < 5 fps slideshow impact that FS2002 gives in a similar configuration?

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

I was talking to someone about this, and although no images or specific details were given to me, they told me was there is a section in the help file about using multiple monitors, and as mentioned before you can basically undock, and move the view to the other window... he did mention that it says something about not spreading a view across multiple monitors as it will lower frame rates...On a sidenote, he also told me there are still alot of Airline XYZ Go Around because the AI traffic is taking their sweet time exiting some of the runways... he says its more of the runways that have only a few exits off...if they miss the first exit, or the exit is far down the runway your in trouble...Chris

Haven't seen a preview or thread yet that describes whether the new 3D-acceleration-across-multiple-monitors support is any good. Anyone?

ugcx_banner.png

I'm still looking.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11