Sign in to follow this  
ck777

No STARs for KORD-747

Hello,I'm using PMDG 747. I just loaded a flight from KBOS-KORD and noticed that there were not any STARs for KORD. I have the latest cycle from planepath,0904. I went into the PMDG navdata folder for SID/STARS and did notice that KORD is in there. On the IDENT page of the FMC I did notice it had AIRAC cycle 08..( I can't remember that last two...I'm sure its what was came with the aircraft)I'm sure I'm doing something wrong as I learn this new aircraft. I appreciate any insight and help!Thank you,Chris

Chris B. Trane

Terry Yingling's planepath should work, but you also need current navdata. Get current navdata from navigraph.com, see: http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/SIDSTARS The MD11 will show none for SIDS and STARS is there is an error such as a new fix or whatever due to out of date navdata.My US sidstars are popular (600-800 downloads/month): avsim library cycle_0904_sidstars.zip are current until 7 May. I include all the procedures that are published, plus I customize them to provide routes between the arrival and all ILS approaches. I also provide custom departures to commonly filed fixes, handy at KORD because they do not have published departure routes.

Dan Downs KCRP

It's very strange, I donwloaded your SID/STAR update from avsim. I still do not show any STARs for KORD in the FMC. On the Route page, after i put in KBOS-KORD and error message comes up "KORD err: 09L rwy unkown"Any ideas? Thanks for any help.Chris K.

Chris B. Trane

You need the Sidstars to match the airac cycle you have so if you have (Look in FMC_Ident.txt) cycle 0800 then you need 0800 Sidstars.Maybe the older cycle didn't have runway 9L in it..... John Ellison

John is right, as I mentioned you need current navdata or at least same cycle as sidstars. Lots of new runways last year including one at KORD.

Dan Downs KCRP

**Disregard my post... I read the link that was provided from the first post. Thanks.Thanks all for the reply's...I'll be sure to get the latest navdata. Is the only place to get current navdata navigraph.com?Newbie question alert: What is the difference between navdata, Yingling's planepath.com, and downscc sid/stars?Just so I'm clear...the navdata cycle will have to be the same as Yingling's cycle?Thanks so much.Chris K.

Chris B. Trane

Navigraph is the only legal place Chris. What I do is get the airac file and run that prog to install the files in fs9 and fsx.Then get Terry's planepath files (same cycle) and install that, finally I get Dan Downs cycle and paste the files from that into fs9 and fsx.As good as Terry's are, Dan's are better for the US airports... in my opinion anyway lol.I'd wait till cycle 0905 if I were you as it's on the odd cycles that more changes take place this year.N.B. you'll still find the odd happening at some airports even with this lot as some frequencies have changed since fs came out but ways round that so no worries.Main thing is to enjoy your sim flying experience and keep learning new things along the way :( John Ellison

I'd wait till cycle 0905 if I were you as it's on the odd cycles that more changes take place this year.John Ellison
Yes, Cycle 0905 is out this week (7 May) so if you can wait a few days... the Navigraph download is a couple of bucks but includes both navdata and sidstars for the world, and you can download each cycle any number of times. If you are short on cash, update the odd cycles this year.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks once again for the information. I'm constantly blown away with the PMDG product and all those that contibute to it...so thank you! I just finished building a computer and my first purchase was PMDG 747, which I could never run on my old lap top.I'm sure I'll have more questions as I learn the plane...cheers!Chris K.

Chris B. Trane

Thanks once again for the information. I'm constantly blown away with the PMDG product and all those that contibute to it...so thank you! I just finished building a computer and my first purchase was PMDG 747, which I could never run on my old lap top.I'm sure I'll have more questions as I learn the plane...cheers!Chris K.

Chris B. Trane