Sign in to follow this  
Guest j-mo

Library flooding

Guest sinki

This is just observation of addicted library visitor:First it was only Michael Pearson, but now also few other guys are exercising the same darn phenomena: in the library they are uploading - few Kb each - repaints of certain very same plane one after another flooding library over any reasonable point.Those repaints (for which the one could organise prize game - find the diffence) are occupying pages of library and turning the average library user into a nervous wreck trying to check news of the day.Can't we make some rule about those $"#&" postings?- Few repaints in one uploaded pack and not every single 1 kB repaint for its self?- Limit of one person uploads per day?I am sure I am not the only one finaly fed up with this funny pattern.Best regards,AndrejLjubljana

Guest dpc

I agree totally!!! For those that do this, here is an idea. Put all of those small texture files into 1 zip file and upload it. Put an image of each in the zip file if you wish. Many people use the zipdrive button to see what is in the package and look for pictures. ThanksDave---------------------------------------------------System Specs:Athlon64 3500+ ClawHammer @ 2.3mhzECS NForce4 A-939 Mobo (1g FSB)1.5G of OCZ Performance PC3200 Ram (Dual Channel)ATI Radeon X800Pro PCI-E (Catalyst 5.5 @ 540/560)SoundBlaster Live 24bitSaitek Cyborg EvoWinXP SP1

Guest jennifer

I think there's a league table for the most uploads by one person. Micael and Graham are at or near the top

Guest dths30

>I think there's a league table for the most uploads by one>person. Micael and Graham are at or near the topAs a matter of fact, Michael Person is 1st and Graham King 4th.

Guest jennifer

If they packaged up their uploads into convenient collections then they wouldn't necessarily be near or at the top. This is perhaps their motivation for releasing masses of single uploads? Better to have their uploads as singles than not all, however

Actually, that's a good point - they can simply combine these liveries into one AIRCRAFT.CFG FILE and post them as one single posting as they are all for the same aircraft model anyways, right?John

Guest dpc

Oh look. More F16s today. Yippee :-roll

Guest sinki

And the most upseting thing is that he thinks how cool he is.He should get him a girlfriend or something. He has way to much time.

Guest Olve

I agree. Specially since I upload my own stuff to the library.It is incredibly annoying when I submit my own addons, which I normally put a lot of work into, and those fellows come along with a bunch of tails and throw my work straight to the fourth page.And my addons really suffer from this; the ones dodging their floodings have a lot more downloads than the unfortunate ones.

Even though it may be frustrating, some people might appreciate these offerings. As of now, there are no rules on things like that. 60 files uploaded is better than 0 files uploaded. Thats how I look at it.For now, I might suggest you view files in scan mode, especially when those huge chunks of one model come up.

Guest sinki

I am not saying those people should be banned. They could just make one 32 kB upload bundle containing 32 tails instead of 32 separate uploads 1 kB each.Those people are just runing for 1st uploader place with help of bunch of useless uploads. Who needs 10.000 AI F-16? Enlighten me please.And as nicely said in post before; guys with serious quality work are because of that soemtimes overlooked. And this on both - uploader's and library visitor's loss.But after all - it is your library, do what you want.Please understand this lol.

Guest A_Delta_Sierra

I just ran some data and it puts your views in perspective.Graham, as you would say, flooded the library on 28 May with his repaints. I just totaled the number of downloads for all the files he has uploaded between 28th May and minutes ago. 22,925 downloads on Graham's files.This topic has been viewed 227 times. And I bet many of those 227 views are from the people who have posted comments. Plus several views by me in watching what reaction you were going to get from the AVSIM staff.Ignoring all details of views by who, 22,925 vs. 227 is no contest. It is clear the greater good has been servered by Graham's uploads. And I have never even downloaded one of them. ;-)Oh, if you want to see the raw numbers for Graham, click on this url.http://tinyurl.com/9yju9Cick on "Change View" and it will order them by upload date.Regards,BobShttp://s95171098.onlinehome.us/junk/aopa.jpgSeems the rage to talk about the "size and speed" of each others computer. Beat this if you can for solving novel/unique problem anywhere in the cosmos. ..Have K&E and know how to use it!

Guest dths30

People many times download files out of interest, not to fly them... I do that.

Guest sinki

With all respect to your resonable post I would like just to epmhasize once more that it is not issue here what people upload, complaint goes solely to user unfriendly separate uploads of one tail.Behind those 22.000 downloaders there are also - i am sure - few times more of people anoyed by such behaviour but having presence of mind not to make a public protest :).Concerning downloads: people do download literary everything. I saw unbelivebale big number of downloads of flying circus railway.Best regards,Andrej

I agree, that it is a bit annoying seeing all the repaints, so I'll share what I do.When I view What's New, I choose the Following.View All files within last weekOrder By CategoryScan ModeThat way, Original aircraft come up first.The last week is currently only 4 pages in this mode, so I am only 3 clicks away from all the uploads and they are neatly organized for me by sim, and category.This for me is the easiest way around the inconvenience. If I want a repaint, I usually do a search for it by specific aircraft.Hope This helps,Joeaopa.gif" border="0" alt="Grab My FREEWARE Voice recognition Profiles here:[a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004misc&DLID=58334]Cessna 172 Voice Profile[/a][a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004misc&DLID=60740]FSD Avanti Voice Profile[/a].You will need the main FREEWARE Flight Assistant program to use it, get it here:[a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=genutils&DLID=39661]Flight Assistant 2.2[/a]

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube.