Sign in to follow this  
Guest LonelyplanetXO

project mach 2 and activecamerapro problem!!!

hi allwhen using the mach 2's concorde and Active camerapro(latest ver)the VC is really slow to scroll to the right,scrolling left is fine.if i turn off Active camerapro,the scolling to the right works properly.anyone have same problem???cant do without activecamera!!! best wishes steve

Guest LonelyplanetXO

I use the PM2 Concorde with active camera and havent had any problems with it. The VC is very hard on framerates - that may be your problem. I wonder if theres any chance of the author optimising the coding for the VC?btw the latest update here is definitely worth getting. It improves the FD considerably. She's now a very tricky beast to fly on approach!Hehe I love this thing! If only the lights would work!:-abduct "Now would be a good time Scotty"LonelyplanetXO

I have had the same problem and now have it especially in my meljetB777's when I try to use the PSS 777 panel with configuration mods. I cant scroll back to the first class cabin, which I used to be able to do. Not sure why.Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Guest AndrewW

LonelyplanetXO Wrote: > She's now a very tricky beast to fly on approach!Has the attitude been fixed? Is this what you were referring to? Re: The VC, I've painted the glass file black, which has fixed the issue with the runway/taxi lights flickering. Maybe worth a try? Andrew

Guest LonelyplanetXO

Whats the issue with attitude? She comes in nose high, which is exactly what the real thing does. The latest FD corrects the touchdown points. She's also trickier to fly at low speed, requiring stick work below 180kias to keep the nose up - (this has screwed up the approach hold tho). I make my approaches at 180 minimum & final at 170kias. At 170 she will touch down on the main gear with the tail scrape wheel clear of the runway.Can you email me the black glass file? I'd love to try it.LPXOixnet@paradise.net.nz

Guest AndrewW

[fontsize=-1]Thanks for the info LPXO, I just wondered if the attitude had been fixed from the initial release - which from your post it sounds like it has. I'll take a look. FYI: The standard approach on Concorde is the Reduced Noise Approach (RNA), which is flown, usually manually, whenever you have an ILS glideslope available, expect to see the runway by 500R, and can comply with some other minor equipment and runway limitations. Once on the glideslope, the latter stage of the approach is flown at Vref + 30kts, (min 190kts), down to 800R, where the speed is further reduced to Vref + 7kts, which must be achieved by 500R.The NHP checks that the approach parameters are stabilised at 500R, and calls "Stabilised". If not, then like any other BA aircraft type, a Go-Around will ensue. The noise reduction comes from the fact that, being so far up the back of the drag curve on approach, the aircraft will use less thrust to fly at 190kts than at 160kts, and less thrust whilst decelerating to Vref + 7kts, so, above 500R, the aircraft is a bit quieter than if it flew a constant speed approach.Glass file is on it's way. :-) Andrew

Guest LonelyplanetXO

Thanks for the file Andrew, but the airport lights still flicker (doh!). Ive just downloaded yet another "final" update & am about to try her out with the newest FD. Your info is great - thanks for that. Even with the minor bugs, this bird still gets my vote as "best freeware FS airliner".All the bestLPXO