Sign in to follow this  
markturner

Advice please re memory errors and slowdowns

Hi, I am hoping NickN or any other hardware guru can help me out.I have a fresh install of windows and FSX. I twas working fine for a couple of weeks, as I gradually added my extras and scenery. My buddy who built the system has overclocked it some, settings are:core voltage 1.36core speed 2280multiplier 6bus speed 380.1rated fsb 1520stepping 7memory dram 760timings 8-8-8-27FSB:DRam 1:2Now all my photoscenery is loaded, I am getting very slow GUI when clicking between weather, planes etc. The spinning plane in the window is slow and corrupted sometimes. I have also started getting crashes, with a FSX error message saying the system has run out of available memory. In game, performance is good, and very smooth. The tweaks I have used are TBM at 80, Bufferpools at 490. Apart from that, no mods to .cfg fileI had another set of graphics issues (corrupted graphics, crashes with a driver error message) after usingthe HDR mod and the frame rate limiter that seems to have been resolved by removing the HDR files, and doing a complete driver clean and re install.I sometimes get the plane models corrupted in the game as well, if that is any clue.I would appreciate any advice, as its driving me crazy, I am contemplating a complete reinstall, but want to get some advice first, as it will take me another 2 weeks in my spare time to get it all loaded on again. Thx, Mark

Hi, I am hoping NickN or any other hardware guru can help me out.I have a fresh install of windows and FSX. I twas working fine for a couple of weeks, as I gradually added my extras and scenery. My buddy who built the system has overclocked it some, settings are:core voltage 1.36core speed 2280multiplier 6bus speed 380.1rated fsb 1520stepping 7memory dram 760timings 8-8-8-27FSB:DRam 1:2Now all my photoscenery is loaded, I am getting very slow GUI when clicking between weather, planes etc. The spinning plane in the window is slow and corrupted sometimes. I have also started getting crashes, with a FSX error message saying the system has run out of available memory. In game, performance is good, and very smooth. The tweaks I have used are TBM at 80, Bufferpools at 490. Apart from that, no mods to .cfg fileI had another set of graphics issues (corrupted graphics, crashes with a driver error message) after usingthe HDR mod and the frame rate limiter that seems to have been resolved by removing the HDR files, and doing a complete driver clean and re install.I sometimes get the plane models corrupted in the game as well, if that is any clue.I would appreciate any advice, as its driving me crazy, I am contemplating a complete reinstall, but want to get some advice first, as it will take me another 2 weeks in my spare time to get it all loaded on again. Thx, Mark
Take out the bufferpools tweek. I bet that will fix it.Jim W

Jim Wenham

The information you've provided tells me that speedstep is still enabled. You don't want this feature on when you're o/c'ing. Without knowing your other voltages I can't say that everything is configured properly, but turning off speedstep would be a good start.

Hi, is that a bios tweak ? I will have a dig around and look for it. What would the consequences of having this on be? Does it look like the culprit for my ills? thx, MarkEdit, I have found the stepping setting in the bios and set it to disabled, however when I ran CPUz again, it reported stepping as 7. I checked the bios again and it was definitely off. Any ideas????Oh, and Jim, i removed the bufferpools entry, so will report back later if it helps!!thanks very much for all the advice!!

Did you try taking out the BP tweek. The messed up models indicates to me that you are using up all your GPU ram.

Jim Wenham

Did you try taking out the BP tweek. The messed up models indicates to me that you are using up all your GPU ram.
If the interface is slow,, it is probably speedstep, because it throttles the frequency. The frequency of his processor is also pretty low if its overclocked.

thx for the advice, I disabled stepping in the bios, but it still reports at 7 in cpuz, any idea why? What settings for the overclock would you guys recommend? I dont want to go mad, 3.2 would be fine, I want stability really, cheers, Mark

Oh, and one more question!! I have been going back through my setup, using Nick's guide, and tried setting up my paging file as he suggested, however, I was unable to delete the old pagefile from my windows folder, error message said it was in use, despite no other programmes being in use. I have set the values as he said and the paage file in question was overwritten by the new ione when i re started. Is that all cool? cheers, Mark

Hi guys, just ran CPUz again and it now reports core speed as 3040 ( but fluctuating slightly, on the desktop) multiplier as 8. Stepping still shows as 7 (showed as 8 last night when I ran cpuz) Any ideas why a) it still shows stepping enabled, despite me turning it off in the biosB0 why what it shows varies? ( different reported values for stepping and core speed?)I also turned off all the options in the advanced tab such as the vanderpool, TM etc, all as per Nickn's advice in his thread on tuning windows. My problem is I have limited knowledge of overclocking and dont really know what I am doing....!!PS, I was gonna screen snap my cpuz settings, but cant find where the pictures are saved too when i press "print screen" any help?

Guest Nick_N

MarkI am not at home and just came across this post ... along with another one I saw today from you in the main FSX forum about OOM.http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=249474I think you have problems here that may be a combination of 'your buddy' your hardware (8-8-8 @ DDR2 760 or DDR3 760MHz?.. I assume DDR2 from the other specs and thats not good) and your FSX setting/cfg editsI will look at this and post back more as I have time however I can not address this right at the momentFrom all the posts I have seen on the forum from you.. there is something not right with this system, at all

Mark, the "stepping" you're referring to has no bearing on the speed of your processor. It is a manufacturing term. SpeedStep is a technology used by Intel to dynamically control the frequency and voltage their processors use. This helps keep power consumption and heat output down when the processor is not being used heavily. The setting you're looking for is called "multiplier".

Hi, thanks for pitching in Nick, from your replies in the other thread, I can see that the doctors diagnosis is not good!!!However I am now completey confused about what to do, so, I will refrain from touching anything else meanwhile and hope that you can have a look in depth at my system settings etc and advise. Please let me know which further info you may need. If it helps, I use the vista64 install purely for FSX. MY install is accelleration, so presume is SP2. Oh, and my memory specs are:OCZ 2GB DDR3 PC3-14400C8 1800MHz Platinum (2x1GB) Dual Channel DDR3 (OCZ3P18002GK)thx, Mark

Mark, the "stepping" you're referring to has no bearing on the speed of your processor. It is a manufacturing term. SpeedStep is a technology used by Intel to dynamically control the frequency and voltage their processors use. This helps keep power consumption and heat output down when the processor is not being used heavily. The setting you're looking for is called "multiplier".
Hi Max, do you mean that stepping SHOULD be enabled in the bios? And that it is a different setting that needs to be adjusted? I read in one of Nicks other posts that if you have overclocked, than stepping needs to be disabled, so thats what i did. As I said though, I dont really understand all this ( am trying to learn though!!) so perhaps I should wait for the definitive from NickN on the situation.thx for the advice, Mark

Guest Nick_N
Hi, thanks for pitching in Nick, from your replies in the other thread, I can see that the doctors diagnosis is not good!!!However I am now completey confused about what to do, so, I will refrain from touching anything else meanwhile and hope that you can have a look in depth at my system settings etc and advise. Please let me know which further info you may need. If it helps, I use the vista64 install purely for FSX. MY install is accelleration, so presume is SP2. Oh, and my memory specs are:OCZ 2GB DDR3 PC3-14400C8 1800MHz Platinum (2x1GB) Dual Channel DDR3 (OCZ3P18002GK)thx, Mark
I did not see your sig when I posted the first time.. Since I am not at home I do not have a lot of time to review posts right nowThe first part of this his is a repeat of what I posted in the FSX forum.. it applies here so I copied it to this thread. Below it I wrote new comment...==============================================You have hardware issues and most likely they are tied back to your clock and 1st generation DDR3 1800 memory in which to run 1800 you must overclock. OCZ DDR3 1800 is well known for requiring special BIOS settings most people, even mildly experienced overclockers, do not understand nor do they understand how to test and set up to run 1800 stable. With 1st generation DDR3 OCZ frowns on DDR3 1800 @ 2x2GB and the chipsets of the past due to the issues in BIOS tuning when running 1600 and above with their products. Tony at OCZ explained that here: http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/forum/sh...ead.php?t=38358http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/forum/sh...ead.php?t=40747If your buddy did not set that BIOS/clock up just right above DDR3 1600 you can expect all kinds of problems with stability and performanceThe problem is with you as someone who is not experienced with computers I do not know if I can successfully walk you through a complete check and setup of something like that. Its not a matter of "set this" and everything works.. there are tests involved which require tuning of GTL and SKEW during the tests and even if all those test show good, you can STILL see issues in 3D applications that require fine tuning.Case in point with DDR3 1800: http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/Ya...?num=1225569427In his case at first he was crashing in load tests but later after we went through it all, including a BIOS update for his board, the load tests completed without error but he still had FSX stability issues in which we had to then go through fine tuning of NB/CPU/MEM SKEW, CPU/NB GTL With 1st generation DDR3 a user needs to be very experienced to set up and run 2x2GB DDR3 1800+. There are some fortunate enough to plug-n-go however that is not usually the case and is why Tony at OCZ posted what he did. You are much better off using DDR3 1600 memory as it is much easier to deal with=====================================================SPEEDSTEP is not the only advanced CPU item that needs to be disabled to obtain a stable multiplier.. you need to disable CE1 as wellBe advised, to run DDR3 1800 it typically requires correct calculation and setting CPU VTT and CPU GTL voltage. There is a method to calculate those values 45nm CPUVtt x 0.667 + Y = Vtt x 0.63565nm CPUVtt x 0.667 = Vtt x 0.635 + YNOTE: If its a 45nm CPU the answer will always be a NEGATIVE value, POSITIVE for 65nm The NB voltage along with CPU GTL is very critical in running DDR3 1800 stable regardless of FSBIf your buddy did not set that BIOS up just right you can expect everything from crashes to slowdowns to corrupt software install and even a corrupt OSIf your case this is not going to be simplistic because it would appear you are not computer savvy. None the less with all the issues you have been reporting even after we may get things stable you need to realize you may need to wipe your hard drive clean and reinstall everything from scratch. The problem is, no matter what you do @ DDR3 1800 you will installing a OS and software OVERCLOCKED which is why this is so very problematical for an inexperienced user. Installing a system overclocked should never be done but in the case of running 1800 its the only way it can be done unless you DOWNCLOCK first and even that must be done right with 1800 modules!I am very tempted to to advise you to buy DDR3 1600 memory and remove the 1800 which to tell you the truth would probably be the best course of action.. then get you correctly set up and reinstalled

Hi Nick, I am going to use this thread from now on to communicate on this issue !! Should make life easier for us both.Have I understood you right about the memory- If I am not running it at 18000 MHz, then it is pointless having it? Are you saying that as a product, that particular model is not really appropriate for my rig? RE upgrade I dont really want to change the mobo, so want to stick with LGA775 format, and max out the possibilities there (perhaps look at going i7 next year) but am quite happy to consider the following options meantime:Upgrading to either a Q9650 or E8600, both of which i have since discovered are much better overclockers than my chip. Changing my memory to whatever you recommend as best.Changing my hard drive set up - Perhaps raid controller card and additional raptors ( or solid state drives) - as I have masses of photoscenery, I want the best possible set up for that.So, if you look at things in the light of those three preferred options for me, it would be good. By the way, since completely removing drivers and the HDR mod and riva tuner and then reinstalling, I have not had the graphics corruption problem back, so at least a step in the right direction there. And if it means a groun up format and re install, I am game, I just want to get it right!At the moment, I have one 150gb raptor split into 3 partitions, (50GB each) one for vista 64, one for vista 32 and one as a simple drive. FSX and scenery is on the 300GB raptor.Here are my CPUz screens:cpu1.jpgcpu2.jpgcpu3.jpgcpu4.jpgAnd here is my .cfg file: [2ndversionMegaRec][GRAPHICS]SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED_10=1693500672SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED=1693500672D3D10=0TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096NUM_LIGHTS=8AIRCRAFT_SHADOWS=1AIRCRAFT_REFLECTIONS=1COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1LANDING_LIGHTS=1AC_SELF_SHADOW=1EFFECTS_QUALITY=2GROUND_SHADOWS=0TEXTURE_QUALITY=3IMAGE_QUALITY=0See_Self=1Text_Scroll=1[sOUND]AmbientUIMusicVolume=-6.000000PrimaryDevice={00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}VoiceDevice={00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}SOUND=1SOUND_QUALITY=2SOUND_LOD=0UISound=1AmbientUI=0[Display]ChangeTime=4.000000TransitionTime=4.000000ActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255ActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=0,28,140,64NonActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255NonActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=24,33,87,64InfoUpperRightTextColor=255,0,0InfoUpperRightBackGroundColor=0,0,0,0InfoLowerLeftTextColor=255,255,255InfoLowerLeftBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128InfoLowerRightTextColor=255,255,255InfoLowerRightBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128InfoBrakesEnable=TrueInfoParkingBrakesEnable=TrueInfoPauseEnable=TrueInfoSlewEnable=TrueInfoStallEnable=TrueInfoOverspeedEnable=TrueBLOOM_EFFECTS=0SKINNED_ANIMATIONS=1TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=80UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=0WideViewAspect=True[Main]User Objects=Airplane, HelicopterSimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\AirplanesSimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\RotorcraftSimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehiclesSimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\BoatsSimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\AnimalsSimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\MiscSimObjectPaths.6=MyTraffic\AircraftProcSpeed=8240PerfBucket=7Maximized=1Location=440,192,1480,968,\\.\DISPLAY1HideMenuNormal=0HideMenuFullscreen=1[PANELS]IMAGE_QUALITY=1DEFAULT_VIEW=0QUICKTIPS=1PANEL_OPACITY=100PANEL_MASKING=1PANEL_STRETCHING=1UNITS_OF_MEASURE=0[Weather]WindshieldPrecipitationEffects=1MinGustTime=10MaxGustTime=500MinGustRampSpeed=1MaxGustRampSpeed=200MinVarTime=5MaxVarTime=50MinVarRampSpeed=10MaxVarRampSpeed=75TurbulenceScale=1.000000WeatherServerAddress=fs2k.zone.comWeatherServerPort=80WeatherGraphDataInDialog=0AdjustForMagVarInDialog=1DynamicWeather=2DownloadWindsAloft=0DisableTurbulence=0CLOUD_DRAW_DISTANCE=3DETAILED_CLOUDS=1CLOUD_COVERAGE_DENSITY=8THERMAL_VISUALS=0[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280.0]Mode=1920x1200x32TriLinear=1[AccelerationPack]ControlsFirstRun=0HomePageFirstRun=0[CONTROLS]Controls_Default=StandardControls_Current=StandardKBDAIL=64KBDELEV=64KBDRUD=64[TextInfo.1]Latitude=1,1Longitude=1,2Altitude=1,3Heading=1,4AirSpeed=1,5WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6[TextInfo.2]FrameRate=1,1LockedFrameRate=1,2GForce=1,3FuelPercentage=1,4[TextInfo.3]Latitude=1,1Longitude=1,2Altitude=1,3Heading=1,4AirSpeed=1,5WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6FrameRate=2,1LockedFrameRate=2,2GForce=2,3FuelPercentage=2,4[slewTextInfo.1]Latitude=1,1Longitude=1,2Altitude=1,3Heading=1,4AirSpeed=1,5[slewTextInfo.2]FrameRate=1,1LockedFrameRate=1,2[slewTextInfo.3]Latitude=1,1Longitude=1,2Altitude=1,3Heading=1,4AirSpeed=1,5FrameRate=2,1LockedFrameRate=2,2[Trusted]I:\FSDiscover!\FSDiscoverFSX.dll.qecbrinbirquqoircthkaatreqqczauhrllulukl=1I:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Rotorcraft\Aerosoft_NavyHawks X\panel\seahawk.GAU.httourbuwbuwuekazkctnhkchrrqrowztkueeqru=2I:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Rotorcraft\Aerosoft_NavyHawks X\panel\avionicsswitch.GAU.olaaeteekcitwhhehorbqwazwuheqzclzhnaohbw=2I:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft F-16A 9\Panel\SCControl.DLL.tabhlttraobnqrntaknaownbkclnhcloelzwaeti=2I:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Money20F0.GAU.rlbobntliaqlirzlrlweeairwqzkzetktlwhtzaq=2I:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Money20F1.GAU.uzbrbqiaihchuuioqowwozaaaoulkulalholzeqe=2I:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Money20F2.GAU.hutneitqarhuwbcathzlbciwqlkqkwqwnihetbti=2I:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\RadioMoney.GAU.linltlohozbwhwrceqnwikqezeruwawqruhclrcq=2I:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Money20F3.GAU.uheielnatrbznanowbozacawzozlwrieqqelirnk=2I:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Money20F4.GAU.wiulzbcqhrtkorontozznrakqcratiklaquuetuu=2I:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Money20FVFR.GAU.bitcizawotzoolhclhohzuehceckbknkkrlceenq=2I:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Money20F7.GAU.izhahaoebulckbricltqokzeruabtraaanncluzt=2I:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\CessnaRG2.GAU.ihccerkrccbqhiznwkraqkntnuobthwrllcuonai=2I:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Money20FM.GAU.zhuratbinnthortekzlratiwtuctultlicrllrqb=2I:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\fa-18.DLL.ilituqenwnoqwikntlwqqbuqhhiqoohlotktwaab=2I:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Bendix_King_Radio.DLL.abwaewtuclchouzahnqtqbrbehhoruhbkrtuoezl=2I:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\CessnaRG0.GAU.bhbzzqoreuiwoutrawznhcctlukwlezblourkbeq=2I:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\CessnaRG1.GAU.cucqozkhzewnziwaoiootzuilbontrhalekrwrwn=2I:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\CessnaRGVFR.GAU.tbuwcrtltcwhcqoqrualbqnbhizqizewqcnunueh=2I:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\CessnaRG4.GAU.kcbuatzlnruzzlzhcikiwtzobahtwbrlewbbiabu=2I:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\CessnaRG6.GAU.hubzciaiwzeuwncklcoqazzqbrwuhoqrrihkoikc=2I:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\CessnaRGRadios.GAU.kwunrckcneqalocnrhatckllcwcbbehuqktqhrtu=2I:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\CessnaRG3.GAU.bhocthcilnzccuzcbthkwklcwqrwbeakqckzqett=2I:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\CessnaRG7.GAU.tbrqqaknuqzikztnzozkwutrcketnuztnorlqcez=2I:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\CessnaRGM.GAU.waktuarneqliqtuonuwuotqneqkoztbbquzucbuh=2I:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\CessnaRG5.GAU.nozaaentiwetiezqciaronrkleaoqaonecrzwnhb=2I:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft A-10\panel\aerosoft_a10.GAU.hbtwlcezkuttlqnloweieaoketiurahtauttewwn=2I:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft A-10\panel\AEROSOFT_a10_threat_warning.GAU.rhkkhbuicnwwaolqnkolznbwuqleeotebtbrwith=2I:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft A-10\panel\AEROSOFT_a10_panelswitch.GAU.wuntcnaecwcqzooqnchawkowececlrawalbnqlrw=2I:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\rxpGNS.DLL.rikeliqkihcwzkolkzhiankawzrcibthlhhukrza=2I:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\rxpDrop.DLL.kohcnoolktanzwaaabolhwnunukllkeucucntcuk=2I:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Cessna172.DLL.eoeaeqknozutkqrtnzunonhloblnellbhqhzbwna=2I:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Cessna.DLL.haqchrwnrhibzeahziwcrhlkheatqoquaaicokrb=2I:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Cessna182s.DLL.kqwwthublhhnriaeeizthttcnqhwtcciwbhtbbll=2I:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\CessnaWAlpha.DLL.nltrihckqnnwlkoqzlqobtineaizerhoicirribq=2I:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Bell_206B.DLL.nnbaalzniltkkbkhlltuhtrzlbncwhhuwinbckbh=2[DynamicHeadMovement]LonAccelOnHeadLon=-0.020000LonAccelOnHeadPitch=-0.010000RollAccelOnHeadLat=0.010000YawAccelOnHeadLat=-0.100000RollAccelOnHeadRoll=0.100000MaxHeadAngle=5.000000MaxHeadOffset=0.300000HeadMoveTimeConstant=1.000000[VirtualCopilot]VirtualCopilotActive=0[uSERINTERFACE]ShowAllACPaintSchemes=0SelectAircraftManufacturer=AllSelectAircraftPublisher=AllSelectAircraftType=AllPageID=1OpenATCOnCreate=0SHOW_MISSION_CAPTIONS=0PAUSE_ON_LOST_FOCUS=1PROMPT_ON_EXIT=1SITUATION=c:\users\mark\documents\flight simulator x files\defaultmark.FLTMap_Orientation=2[ATC]ShowATCText=1COMM_MSG_NONE_COLOR=FFFFFFFFCOMM_MSG_ATC_USER_COLOR=FFB6FFB6COMM_MSG_USER_ATC_COLOR=FFFFD21BCOMM_MSG_ATC_AI_COLOR=FF00FF00COMM_MSG_AI_ATC_COLOR=FFFF7840AutoOpenAirTrafficWindow=1UsePilotVoice=1PilotVoice=0[PointOfInterestSystem]CycleSetting=0[sCENERY]LENSFLARE=1DAWN_DUSK_SMOOTHING=1IMAGE_COMPLEXITY=5[TrafficManager]AirlineDensity=35GADensity=33FreewayDensity=5ShipsAndFerriesDensity=40LeisureBoatsDensity=40IFROnly=0AIRPORT_SCENERY_DENSITY=3[TERRAIN]LOD_RADIUS=8.500000MESH_COMPLEXITY=30MESH_RESOLUTION=20TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=25AUTOGEN_DENSITY=0DETAIL_TEXTURE=0WATER_EFFECTS=4[AContain]ShowLabels=0ShowUserLabel=0ShowLabelManufacturer=1ShowLabelModel=1ShowLabelTailNumber=0ShowLabelDistance=1ShowLabelAltitude=1ShowLabelAirline=0ShowLabelAirlineAndFlightNumber=0ShowLabelFlightPlan=0ShowLabelContainerId=0ShowLabelAirspeed=0ShowLabelHeading=0LabelDelay=1000LabelColor=FFFF0000[iNTERNATIONAL]ASLAT=2ASLON=1MEASURE=0[REALISM]PFactor=0.890000Torque=0.880000GyroEffect=0.520000CrashTolerance=0.000000General=1.000000UnlimitedFuel=FalseAllowEngineDamage=FalseTrueAirspeed=FalseAutoCoord=FalseRealMixture=TrueStressDamage=FalseGEffect=FalseManualLights=TrueGyroDrift=TrueCrashWithDyn=FalseCrashDetection=FalseAutoTrim=False[sIM]SYSCLOCK=1[sTARTUP]DEMO=0SHOW_OPENING_SCREEN=1STARTUP_DEMO=LoadWindow=1[FACILITIES]COUNTRY=STATE=CITY=GTL_BUTTON=1244[Misc]Com_Rate=7[MULTIPLAYER]condAccoutPassword=0I am going to go into the bios and write down the various settings for you. Regarding those, following the advice given by you in another thread ( I cant find it offhand atm ) I turned off vanderpool, stepping and the other items in the advanced mmenu. Speak soon, thx, Mark