Sign in to follow this  
Chris Willis

Real Air 172?

I've seen a few references on the forums here to a RealAir Simulations Cessna 172. I've been to their website and all I see is a 182. Can someone please point me to where I can obtain this air file?Thanks;Dave Spurlock

DaveIt's here in the AVSIM library. The filename is realair172sp.zip or just search for Cessna 172.Hope you enjoy her :-)David

Hello Dave,Our RealAir site could not have handled the traffic and demand for our C172SP, so Avsim and a few other sites have kindly offered the file for download.However our popular, and free, flight models for the C182s and land based Cessna Caravan are available from RealAir, and some simmers will be pleased to know that our Marchetti SF260 has been reduced to only $19. (Apologies for the quick plug Avsim, but I think this is fair for once considering we offer so much freeware too!)Rob Young - www.realairsimulations.com

Rob;I already have your SF260 Marchetti, and a fine flyer it is. That's why I was looking for your 172 file! Thanks!Dave Spurlock

Dave,If you enjoy the new flight model, and you almost certainly will, then check out the work on a "adapted" C172 panel by Uwe Rademacher (combining Dreamfleet stuff, with permission) over at "the other site."Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Guest WorkingStiff

hmmm....I installed the "adapted" panel recently but merged it with the Carenado C172 N model....it seems kinda sensitive to me.....the test flight I did the aircraft just wouldn't fly straight and level.

"the test flight I did the aircraft just wouldn't fly straight and level"Did you by any chance use just the RealAir airfile and not the aircraft.cfg? The two must be used together, with the insertions of a few lines here and there (eg: the gear heights) if you are attempting to use combinations.I assure you the RealAir 172 flies dead straight, unless you use P-factor which will of course give you slightly left drift.Rob Young - RealAir Simulations

love your 172, Rob...its the only plane I have flown with any consistency in "real" life, and flying your version is the closest I've felt to replicating my real flying. Thanks very much.Bob Bernstein

Guest WorkingStiff

Rob,Thanks for responding. Knowing your reputation and having seen your work in the past, I'm quite confident that the "RealAir 172 flies dead straight." I haven't flown the RealAir 172 but I have a number of your other aircraft.I'm using both the RealAir airfile and aircraft.cfg files with a slight modification.Here's the combination I'm using.Model - CarenadoTexture - Carenado C172 N SkyHawkPanel - Uwe Rademacher's "adapted" Dreamfleet Cessna PanelSound - RealAirAirfile - RealAirSimulationsC172SP.airConfig - REALAIR SIMULATIONS Cessna 172SP v.1The only change I made to the aircraft.cfg file - which should have no effect on the aircraft's performance - is as follows; [fltsim.0]title=Cessna Skyhawk 172N KBOsim=RealAirSimulationsC172SPmodel=panel=sound=texture=kb_checklists=Cessna172SP_checkkb_reference=Cessna172SP_refatc_id=KBOatc_airline=atc_flight_number=atc_id_color=0xffffffffui_manufacturer=Cessnaui_type=C172N Skyhawk - RealAirui_variation=White with Sky Bluedescription=Cessna C172N CC-KBO mergenFlight Dynamics by RealAir SimulationsnModel by Carenado TeamnPanel by DreamFleetnSounds by RealAir Simulations atc_heavy=0I'll try another flight again tonight...but I'm puzzled to see the aircraft porpoising as I experienced....I figured I did something incorrectly but I've rechecked my work multiple times. Maybe I'm just a poor pilot :-)

Hi, This aircraft should be flown with the general realism slider in the FS2002 aircraft/realism menu set to maximum (ie: fully right). This aircraft will only perform as intended with this setting. With the realism slider set to maximum you will be able to obtain up to 40 degrees side slip and spinning will be possibleRead the ReadMeNow!.html in your files.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest WorkingStiff

the general slider is set to the extreme right.

two possibilities, perhaps your control device is set too sensitive, causing you to overcontrol, or perhaps you are chasing your instruments. That's an easy mistake to make, by controlling the plane based on what your instruments tell you, you will easily be overcontrolling due to the time lag between aircraft reaction and the instrument reaction. The fix is to look outside more and stear the aircraft to your eyepoint, only using the instruments as a regular sweeping check.Bob B

Guest WorkingStiff

Bob, Thanks for you input....its a distinct possibility that its a control problem. I just did a short flight from Meigs to KORD and the aircraft flew without any major problems. The only thing I observed was that the inclinometer was "dancing" all over the place when I made a left turn to line up with runway 27R, even with the application of the appropriate amount of rudder.I'll try to recalibrate my joystick in FSUIPC but a set of pedals and a yoke are long overdue.