Sign in to follow this  
crvm

Answer about Blurry Textures in FS2004-Straight from th...

Guest frankcubillos

It is still in beta ;-)---Banners? We don't need no stinkin' banners!---Visualize FSGateway/ProjectAI sig banner here

Since FS2004 is basically a large patch to FS2002 that's not a surprise. What is a surprise is that many folks expected them to be gone. With FS2002, some folks have the "blurrie problem" and some don't. I don't think it's going to be any different with the next release. Some folks will have the problem and some won't.Trip

Guest FPSFREAK

See my post in the tips and tricks section for a possible explanation and cure for the dreaded "Blurries"Bobby

When I look at that shot, I see something that mimics real life.Go to airliners.net. Find the clearest outside shot you can find, and you'll still see parts of the shot that are washed out. That's real life in the air--haze, smoke, varying humidity factors...I'm not saying that's what Microsoft intended, but they got it fairly close, even if by accident (and I'm not talking about the extreme blurries--those can be fixed). It'd be nice for us to choose the level of clarity in the sim--to decide when to sacrifice smoothness for ground clarity. But I was only recently reminded as I flew through the incredibly clear Southwest, how inconsistent that clarity is. I've flown over a million miles as a passenger. I'd argue with anyone who is ready to 'diss the new sim on account of that shot.... As was pointed out to me, the blurries may be there for a reason--as I know for a fact FS2002 is a thousand times more flyable than the crystal clear hes...hes....hes......hes........hesitating FS200 was.

I'm one of the folks who don't have the problem :-) -- Trip

Bobby (FPSFREAK),Would you mind answering a few questions off-line about your Raid Controller usage (or we could start a separate thread on the forum)? I am going to purchase a system similar to yours (for MSFS 2004)and it is difficult getting Raid Level 1 usage information specific to MSFS.Thanks,Robert Tiffanyrtiffany@mchsi.com

Guest Ken_Salter

If for FS2004 I have to choose between fluid flight dynamics, gauge updates, and high performance VC, or unnaturally crystal clear outside scenery that has nothing to do with flying, then....[h3]Ken Salter (aka SaltyDog)[/h3]MSFS & Fly! Forum Moderator[link:http://www.grid.org/services/teams/team.htm?id=5E79C613-0A60-4A3B-BDC1-F9EE49F2D4FE]Join the AVSIM Online Cancer Fight!!

ken you took the words right out of mouth or in this case the typing off my keyboard :-lol . I think there are more things to worry about in FS other than the badly beaten ground texture topic. How about the weather engine and ATC. how will it change? what about performance issues so people with 2ghz machine or less such a myself can use the nice new atmosphere of FS2k4? These are the questions iam asking myself.Granted the blur of the textures can get annoying to look at but the futherest worry in mind for this release. My biggest concern like FS2k2 is performance. What will the performance be like with the PSS A320 FSAA2x AF 2X most options maxed and a simflyers airport with a good ammount of AI from flight1's upcoming AI product?. That is my biggest concern Capt.Richard Dillon (KATL)www.jetstarairlines.comhttp://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg"Lets Roll" 9/11 -----------------------Specs AMD 2400 XP MSI KTV4 768MB DDR 2100Asus GF4 ti 4200 128MBSB Audigy Gamer Ch Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows XP pro SP1a

You will also notice this same *blurry* effect on real satellite shots. It would be nice to see a developement of a fade in effect for scenery that's far off. Just one of those things that we are stuck with until.........[h5]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smith[/h5][h6]Are You Ready For The Next Great one? PMDG's 737NG is almost here![/h6][h3]" A little learning is a dangerous thing"[/h3] [h5]AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF3 64 MEG @ 215/545|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h5]