Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Which Type Of Simmers Are You?

Hi,Which type of simmers in Msfs you are from these below:A- Do real flight, procedure, long, small airport to airport, flight plan, planification, navigation and some time to download and buy some add-ons.B- Pressing the shift-z and worries about the frame rate, always trying to download new 3d card drivers but after 2 years, still not find the real one, your eyes always focusing in the ground/sky and don't care about the flight procedure, always download 3rd party addon's and never really fly.C-Little and some A and BD-It's the second answerThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Chris - I think you've bundled too many variables into each choice.Andrew>Hi,>>Which type of simmers in Msfs you are from these below:>>A- Do real flight, procedure, long, small airport to airport,>flight plan, planification, navigation and some time to>download and buy some add-ons.>>B- Pressing the shift-z and worries about the frame rate,>always trying to download new 3d card drivers but after 2>years, still not find the real one, your eyes always focusing>in the ground/sky and don't care about the flight procedure,>always download 3rd party addon's and never really fly.>>C-Little and some A and B>>D-It's the second answer>>>>Thanks>Chris Willis>>[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons>For MsFs>

Most of my simming happens when............E. Someone complains that something is terribly wrong, and then I fire up the simulation to see if they're correct or wrong! :) But when I'm in a relaxed mood, a good 200 mile mountain flight is always nice when in 3rd party mesh areas. L.Adamson

Guest GZR_Frenchy

Well, I guess I'm a type A. On my second trip around the world in the same airplane. Only this time outfitted with scale "ferry tank" in the bomb bay. On my way from (NGTE) Tabiteua North, Kiribati to (NFFN) Nadi International, Figi ADF 405. Started in San Francisco, CA. USA.Search the web for hi-res mesh and land class for each destination. Then Google the area for landmarks and restaurants nearby. Often times deviate from the plan on a whim if the petro reserve permits looking for Fs2002 Easter Eggs after the Google search.Think I have learned more about the world than I could have ever learned in school.Yeah, guess I'm sort of a type A.Frenchy -- out.

Guest crashing_pilot

i am type F i guess...one day i'm all serious with checklists and approach charts,planning my flight for an hour,calculating fuel,whatever....next day i'm just flying a beaver to find some ships in alaska,or a cessna to discover the world at an amazing ....low .... speed.edited to say:usually i kinda loose the serious part when my wife comes looking over my shoulders...it's about time i get my dedicated simming room ;-)

Not a very scientific question.... My answer doesn't fall quite into A, or into B.... I guess I'd say I'm "E"-Prefer mostly Sport Flying, less concerned with cockpit drill and more concerned with the sensation of flight, speed, and the beauty of it all. My typical flight--a long flight down Owens Valley at dusk, trying to cruise just above treetop level in the 421C, autopilot OFF..... My least typical flight--trying to juggle charts, Navaids, ATC, the autopilot--without ever enjoying the element of being in the air. Just as I don't simulate running a WAN at home (my job), I don't care to simulate the chores of flying. I don't care if I go a year without hearing a chirp from ATC.... -I don't look at the fps counter, I'm still running the same driver set that came with my card (21.83), I've never had to reinstall FS or my O/S to get fluid results with the type of flying I enjoy. I have few add-ons, and have started making what I prefer to fly. And my cpu--still the same dusty P3/800 I had long before I installed FS2002....-John