Sign in to follow this  
Guest pedroz

I can't download files, HELP....

I've been trying to download files from Avsim for the last couple of days and all I get is the download page but no files, the page just sits there. Just wondering have others had this problem...I have a high speed internet connection (Comcast) so speed shouldn't be an issue.Thanks for any help..

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I've been having the EXACT same problem! Did u download windows SP2? thats when my downloads stopped working.

Guest dths30

I don't think SP2 was out in 2003. ;PRegarding your problem check out the pinned topics in this forum.

Guest PrivateTucker

I have the same problem. I was able to download 2 days ago, but starting last night, nothing. I'm trying to get a hold of the FA-18 update pack and airport_lights. Same thing, page just sits, there, then eventually, after reloading enough, it tells me connection refused.

Guest Jock in a Frock

I can't download either. I'm running Win XP Pro SP1 and IE6. I'm not using a download manager. I CAN download from other sites, stream internet radio, and I'm on a 2Mb ntl connection.Can one of the moderators ask the library managers if there's a problem?

Guest Ken_Salter

No problems here - using Firefox.

Guest pedroz

Hello:Have the same problemI can not download the answer is "iexplore.exe has encountereda problem and must close we apologize for the inconvenience"and avsim gets closed.....I have tried flightsim and no problem down loading; This problem started 2 days ago. Ihave checked my firewall and avsim is totally authorized. Ialso tried desactivating the firewall...You might be having some problems with your server or?Than you for your helpPedro

Guest Jock in a Frock

I've fixed mine by changing a setting in IE6 - Tools/Options/Advanced/Use Passive FTPSo I guess my company's IT department have updated the config on my firewall. Strange, they should have told me this, since I should have open access to everything for my job.Oh well, Hope everyone else sorts their problems.Pedroz, Maybe you should try Firefox? I hear good things about it.

Guest pedroz

Thank you for your message:In my case it is already in the configuration like that using passive FTP. I have also revised my firewall. What is strange is the fact is showing a major error obliging to close the IEI still need help...Thanks Pedro