Sign in to follow this  
Guest product

Clean Uninstall / Reinstall Advice Please

Guest product

Hi All,Well, something I've added or changed has brought up video problems in Fs2002, I've tried to tweak every which way to no avail. I'm thinking that a clean uninstall and reinstall may be a good easy solution and not too hard, as I haven't really added much yet beyond a few aircraft. Of course if this doesn't fix the problem more drastic solutions may be needed...Any advice on how to do this beyond clicking "uninstall" on any add-ons and then FS itself? Any remnant files I will need to locate and manually delete?Thanks!Joel

If it is due to you changing video drivers, directx versions, or other OS related changes, you are going to fix anything by uninstalling fs2002. You need to fix the external problem first by properly uninstalling/installing the drivers and updates. Visit http://www.guru3d.com/ for good information concerning graphics adapter (video) driver installation information.If the problem was caused by corrupted scenery files or other updates you installed within fs2002, then a clean sweep of fs2002 might fix the problem. To fix problems within fs2002, you could try afcad140.zip or scanbglsV2.zip to scan for corrupted scenery files.If you must uninstall fs2002, use the Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs menu. After fs2002 is uninstalled, use Windows Explorer to delete any fs2002 folder remnants from your hardrive prior to reinstallation.

Guest product

Thanks, looks like I won't have to reinstall after all. I just found the solution in a very unusual place, and have posted a new thread that will hopefully help others with stutters they haven't been able to resolve. Best,Joel