Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vulcho

TU-154B-2 Panel V3.0

HiIf you like Russian aircraft, go to www.avsim.ru and download this panel. It includes a co-pilots voice that tells you when your gear is sucessfully retracted/lowered, flaps too, altitude countdown on approach. Yes it's in Russian, but I like that.You'll need a little knowledge of Russian, but if you're a experienced downloader/installer, it'll not cause you any problem.It's free!!!Gavin

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Ed,It's just a check list, you can play with it or ignore it. It shows the aircraft's weight though, at the bottom, which can be useful.Aren't those engine sounds just great?GavinPS - I can't understand much of the manual, but can get it all working (apart from starting up the APU). If you have any questions let me know, I'll do my best to help.

Gavin Barbara

Guest Vulcho

Oh come on, it's only Russian!:) What's so hard about it? I don't hear Derek complaining. :)Thanks a lot for the tip.Cheers,

Guest ha5mvo

how did u DL the package?Getright refused to DL it. after I disabled getright, winrar refused to open the file...I remember a similar thing happening when I wanted to get other stuff from that site some time ago.Do I need to go through some sort of registration process?did you come across similar problems?

Guest Vulcho

I just d/l the panel a little while ago. No registration needed and no hassles whatsoever. I use WinRAR but I am sure that your WinZIP is not the problem. D/L the file without Getright. I don't see why it shouldn't work.Cheers,

I've never had a problem downloading anything from avsim.ru or flightsim.ru. Mind you I don't have the first clue what those things were you mentioned, getright,etc????Alex, my problems with the Russian language are quite funny. I'm a native English speaker, but also speak Polish. I found learning the Cyrillic alphabet easy and the general concepts of Russian grammar are similar to Polish as is some of the vocabulary, prawda? There are a few traps though and I always fall in them. I've got to get back to my Russian language books.Pa ka!Gavin

Gavin Barbara

Guest Vulcho

Gavin,I speak Bulgarian, which is pretty close to the Russian language. I studied Russian in school some 5 years ago for a period of 5 years. :) If I hear someone spaking Russian, I'll get the jist of what they are saying, but any details I'm most likely to miss. Sometimes, I rely on Derek to translate some things for me. :) Spasibo moi drug!Good luck getting back to the books. I know I'll probalbly just look at them and put them aside saying, "Yeah, I'll look this over some other time..." never to see the book again. :) But it never hurts to excercise your brain no matter if you loose the info or not.Cheers,

AlexI had a great holiday in Bulgaria 3 years ago. Travelling with my girlfriend and 2 of her friends along the coast south of Varna down, almost, to Turkey. We got by ok with our Polish, basic Russian and beginners' Bulgarian. Also got to fly on a Balkan AN-24 from Varna to Sofia. Nice country!Gavin

Gavin Barbara

Guest Tim

Hi,Nice panel! I had been looking for a good panel for use with the Balkan Tupolev 154 I had downloaded a while ago.Yeah, I have a also been to Bulgaria about 5 years ago. Went on a Balkan Tupolev 154. I also went on a domestic flight, Varna to Sofia. It was an all white prop aircraft. I never found out what it was, but now Gavin, like you say you went on an AN-24 between those 2 airports, I must have gone on that aircraft too. :-)Nice country and nice flights!Tim

TimWas it very noisey? If so, it probably was an AN-24 :-)Gavin

Gavin Barbara

Guest Tim

Hi,Yes I think it was noise. It was in a plain white livery and now thinking about it, it probably was the AN-24. Just downloaded the one for FS2002 and has same appearance. The only thing I didnt like was the horrible cheese sandwich served on board. :-s lolCheersTim

TimI had a cheese pie, quite nice and some joghurt. Personally I think that Bulgarian joghurt is the best in the world :-)Gavin

Gavin Barbara