Sign in to follow this  
STUART_H

HELP! FS Crashes on loading aircraft!

When selecting any 'add-on' aircraft from initial start screen within FS2002, FS2002 crashes after selecting the aircraft from the initial screen, before one even gets the chance to click [Fly now]. I receive one of those "Do you want to Report to Microsoft" send/don't send dialogue errors. When paging down through the log, it seems to get to the point of loading the first GAU file and then crashes (irrespective of which GAU file is being loaded). The only aircraft which seem to be OK, are the original FS ones or some recent GMax aircraft. I have uninstalled FS2002 and reinstalled back into the same directory structure (in order to maintain all my add-ons - scenery and aircraft), but the problem still persists. Does anyone have any idea what could be the cause, since all add-on aircraft seem to be affected? Please Help if you can. Regards, Stuart Hyett, BAW848 :-hmmm

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

"I have uninstalled FS2002 and reinstalled back into the same directory structure (in order to maintain all my add-ons - scenery and aircraft), but the problem still persists." left the problem in your fs2002 folder, since fs2002 uninstaller only uninstall what it installed!When you say it crashes on any add-on aircraft, you leave the barn door wide open. Does the Error Message give you a clue to which module, gauge is causing the problem?You need to remove all the add-on aircraft from your aircraft folder, then one-by-one at them, start fs2002 and see if the problem occurs. If it occurs with the first add-on aircraft, find out what is causing the problem, i.e., gauge, etc. then try fixing that problem before moving on. The readme.rtf file in your fs2002 folder has good information about problems.Since you added non-default aircraft and presumably addon gauges, textures, scenery, you may have overwritten fs2002 versions that won't work in fs2002, the fs2000 GPS gauge as an example.

Thanks for the advice. Those were my thoughts entirely....that the problem rests somewhere with a recently installed aircraft. I am progressing that train of thought at the moment.Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373