Sign in to follow this  

Another review of CoF

Guest Marvel

>Hi,>Actually there is more then these bellow, because there is the slider >vertical, we don't saw other items.. >Pilot_________________ xxxxx >Co-Pilot______________ xxxxx>Crew__________________ xxxxx>First Class___________ xxxxx>Businness Class_______ xxxxx>Upper Deck____________ xxxxxhi there I doubt such option will be available for add-on freeware aircraft.If there is, it would be great.

"Sadly you can't access to ms 2004 website"I was provided a link that allowed me to catch a glimpse of the clouds. Very impressive, although I have to resconsider my statement about a low end system being able to run them--how many kids out there still running P3/450's are going to buy the sim, based on the specs MS is spinning, only to see a slideshow?Even the video became a slide show at points where the sky was heavily populated with clouds. And I know that they probably used a system that far exceeded my ancient one. So I'll have to wait, and see what feedback comes in the forums before I run out and get this title--as I'm now certain a MB/Cpu upgrade of some type will be required. I don't dare do it now until I know what to expect.Luckily, aside from the fantastic clouds, I haven't seen anything that makes me believe FS2002 isn't a very good sim vs. this new release. And as I mentioned in another thread, issues with Multiplayer really have to be squared away, since MS never patched the broken Multiplayer in FS2000 or FS2002... But since Multiplayer interest has really died off (much of it because of people's disgust with it), it's been more than a year since my last flight. I can live without it if I stick with FS2002...

Hey all,You know, from looking at the e3 shots(which, by the way, are totally cool), it almost appears as if Microsoft has been is contact with some of these level D full motion simulator manufacturers and taken the maximum amount of processing and software info that can be used on some of today's current desktop technolgy. I mean, if you look at some of the software contained in flightsafety's level D stuff, it is very similar(taxiway signage..etc, windshear, icing). As a commercial rated pilot, I am just amazed at what microsoft has done with this version. Just think, Pop up ifr clearences to multiple runways while monitoring approaching thunderstorms which are visible 20 miles away!

Are we looking at the same shots ?I find hardly anything cool about them .. most of them are screenshots of some new menu or setup page which loook so-so, there are some 'atmospheric' shots that are definitely less spectacular then what is already available on gamespot or MS site.Michael J.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

Guest JonP01

I too have had concerns regarding the new weather engine, except that I have had the reservations from the very beginning. As it is, I've come to decide that I would probably be happy running FS2004 without any clouds at all (and just have winds - asumming I can actually do this like I can in FS2002). My reasoning is that the clouds in FS2002 are so ridiculous that I can't see the point of running them either. They look fine from a distance, but since one usually can't avoid flying through them, the whole illusion of reality is completely lost. So from my persepctive I've nothing to lose going to FS2004 and would seem to have quite a lot to gain.

I read that ALL available runways would be used for AI, and that you could select the runway for your own use.>AS I undestand, AI will pushback, and I've heard a rumor that>you will be able to plug in airline info/gate types for>aircraft.>>I still see the need for Overlays at certain airports- ones>that routinely use multipe runwaysfor arrivlas and departures->ATL and ORD come to mind. THat is unless the ATC engine is>mart enough to allow for multiple departure and arrival>runways (now that would be cool!) Imagine KATL, nooverlays>with norht departures on the North side, South, well,South!>Just like the real world...>>Tim

BobK