Sign in to follow this  
hladamjr

Tileproxy via Widefs

I use widefs and simconnect as well as FSinn to run various flightsim addons from other PC's. Has anybody played with Tileproxy and any flavor of conduits on a seperate PC.I figured I'd ask as I have googled and not found anything and don't like going down dead end roads. Not that you don't find a lot of interestng and eye opening idea's but right now I don't have the excess time to devote and then find out it's not curretly possible.Thanks in advanceHank Adam

I have tried, it doesn't work. Tileproxy would need the code included in it to work. It would make the cache run fast.

I am going to use an old proliant server with an old minimum 256 graphics card, run fsx / Prepar3d at minimum graphic levels, then network the other machines via wideview. The server will run tileproxy from the net and the other machines will have tileproxy running in offline mode. The SCSI drives and the 4 dual cores should make tileproxy run pretty hard. However, it may cause a miss rate. There is only one way to find out.....