Sign in to follow this  
spotlope

How Many of you like the DC3 ?

Looks terrific. Hopefully someone can make a good flight model for it.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Guest Lizardo

Haha, my thought exactly. Bring home: put on the lift. Tweak. Fly.

>Looks terrific. Hopefully someone can make a good flight>model for it. What basis do you have to make the assumption that it doesn't already have a "good flight model?"It's obvious that MS has learned learned from the very talented pool of freeware and payware authors what can be done with GMax (and now FSDS2), so perhaps they've learned other lessons as well! :)Oh yes... I love DC-3's, Chris!BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://mtco.com/~rsam/fartslogo.jpg

I do rather like them myself. Knowing a little but not a lot about the new default animal, suffice to say you're likely to like it! Although like all poor default aircraft, no doubt it'll be trashed from Day One by some in these forums!For me, even if it flew upside down, it's long overdue as a default in flightsim.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

well that image looks very cool!

I may be biased, but I think the DC-3 is a great looking old bird. I can't wait to try out the FS2004 version. And of course, er, others that might follow.

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

You can't ask me a question like that! The DC-3 was the first plane I ever rode in. Remember the days when you could go to the airport and fly for a penny a pound for charity? For 89 cents I got a 5 minute ride around the pattern in a beautiful, loud DC-3. (did I just become old... reminiscing about something that people today can't imagine really happened? ...cue Edith Bunker... "those were the dayyyyyysss")Eddie KSLCOh, BTW - Love them in the sim but SO hard to fly taildraggers in FS.

As far as I know nothing has been cancelled, just to put that rumor to rest.

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Guest seev_39

Love that beast. If I am not mistaken that was the first aircraft I ever flew (I think it was nicknamed "Dakota"), sitting there with a shute on my back and a cord hooked to the cable that was running along the whole fuselage. Never landed with it of course.I can't wait to sit in the captain's chair and make a normal landing, saying that with the hope that this time the default air craft will out-perform the add-ons.Have fun old guys.Seev

Guest IanP

Roy Chaffin cancelled the first GMax version - without asking anyone else first and giving false reasons for doing so, but that is an issue for a different forum, not here! ;-)MAAM-SIM are now working on an new version, without the problems that cancelled the previous one, which the last I heard will be released later this year. I'm not on the team however, I just try and break 'em before release, so I'd suggest someone ask Bill Rambow, if there isn't a thread on it over at the MAAM-SIM support forum!!!As for the DC-3, well, that is and shall always remain an absolute classic. They say that if it looks right, it flies right. Well, the DC-3 looks superb and, fifty years after being designed, it is still in scheduled commercial service. Says a lot, doesn't it!!! :-hahIan P.:-halo