Sign in to follow this  
Tobei

Is Captain Sim's 727 all that great? Should I buy?

Guest B52Drivr

Sorry Van, I beg to differ with you -- although the Fox model, (the air file is in truth a modified 737), and the RP panel are both nice items, they in no way compare to the Capt Sim product.Having flown a 727 three holer in real life, and also having lived with this model since it's inception, I can now tell everyone that this is as close to a real 727 as I think you can get with FS.I still find one or two minor problems with the issue, but all in all, I am tickeled pink with it . . . and it remains, (although I have many), the only 727 I fly on a regular basis.Best to all,Clayton T. DopkeMajor, USAF (retired)"Drac"

Thanks for the great review. It sounds like a plane which should be in my stable too. Stan

Stan,If you do get hold of the 727 at some stage, I really hope you'll think it was a worthwhile purchase. I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Well, hopefully not anyway, especially after what I wrote about it. You'd think I was part of Captain Sim!Regards,Al.

OK - Now we have two previous 727-200 pilots (lucky guys), and one says that it is very true to life, and the others says its not. It can't be both ways. Could you guys explain the pros and cons of the Captain Sim's 727.Would you guys say the 767 PIC is the best in terms of operations and model. Does it come close to the 'real thing'.Also, talk a little about PC flight simulation and the real thing. I've always wanted to talk to real heavy pilots about these sorts of things.I might start a new post if this does not get covered well here.thanks in Advance,Robb

Guest B52Drivr

Dear Hamilton,In reading your response, I just wanted to note that you are correct that the '27' is a most enjoyable aircraft in real life. However, after going from the initial release, (which flight dynamics were horrid), to the 1.3 version, there has been quite a change.Now, yes, it can always get better, and I can still pick it apart if I care to . . . as I can any other aircraft in FS, however, for what the CS 727 offers, which is alot, compared to what it needs, the margin is most slim.And NOTHING IN FS flies like the read deal . . . you, being a real pilot of big iron, should know that. It is all a compromise.I am presently tweaking the new version as we speak, but can only find minor problems with 1.3 compared to other models.And, in your statement, you seem to answer, 'Yes' alot, so I am left to think that you also don't think it is too terribly bad.Best to you and yours,Clayton T. DopkeMajor, USAF (retired) {at least for this month}"Drac"

Guest MiguelSantos

Hi,I spent several weeks to decide to buy it. I saw reviwes, I didn't saw big complaints, and saw that CS was making an effort to solve minor problems.So, at a given time, I bought it. And I must say, I'm enjoying it very much. I have at my hangar Almost every payware aircraft on the market (airliners), and this one is one of the best. Specially the trick they did with the overhead and engineer panels views... Incredible solution.So, my recomendation is: if you like to fly with every kind of airliner, this one you should have it, because you won't have FMC to guide you, and so will keep you really alive in the cockpit....Cheers,Miguel

Guest ha5mvo

...Is the CS 727 a good product? Yes!Is this product simulate the operations,system,etc, of a 727? Yes!......But its flight model do not give a feel of a real 727.Is this possible in MSFS? Yes!.......And NOTHING IN FS flies like the real deal....I tend to agree with both, although I can't comment specifically about THIS particular model as I don't have any experience on the 27.It depends really on how one sets the standards or expectations from a flight model.Say model x is right there on the numbers, yet has the nimbleness of an F16; is it a realistic model? some would (rightfully) say - Yes, others (rightfully) - No.Obviously a reverse example would also apply.at the end of the day it all comes down to the way one interprets "flight behaviour"...and yes Clayton NOTHING in FS (especially not the 'heavies'!) flies like the real thingJust my opinion//Mike

Dear Clayton"to the 1.3 version, there has been quite a change."Agree,it was a great improve, but you remember when that product was released a lot of folks claims the flight model is like the real thing... Gezz, that model had nothing to do with the real 727."NOTHING IN FS flies like the read deal "Agree again ,but some models like 767 PIC (there are others)that gives you a feel of the real bird and I don

Hamilton Müller