Sign in to follow this  
Guest Milton

Where are the commanders?

On flightsimonline.com/commander it says that the Commander 680 was suppose to be released on 5/10/03. Also, does anyone know when and if FFX is going to release those awesome 737s. Pictures for two months is just killing me. I hope they aren't going to just keep torturing us and then not release them.

Guest abent

I don't care how long it takes those guys to release the Commander 680. Regardless of the time it will be well worth the wait. Their work is unparalleled IMHO.Adam

Guest Milton

Thank you for your interest. :-)I apologize for the delay ... real world issues are requiring time of various members on the team.The 680 Super is in great shape though. Once textures are completed, the beta begins. Look for the AC680 Super by June 7th.One benefit of this delay is VC gauge backlighting; another was time available to write an illustrated article for FSIn-flight magazine due out May 17th.I think you will love the Andr

Guest rogue1

No apologies needed, Milton. Unfortunately, you are now seeing the result of publishing a delivery date.I think I speak for most when I say to take your time. I'm sure we will be more that happy with the end result.BTW, need more beta testers? I'd be happy to assist in anyway.Jim

Sounds great!! Definitely no apologies needed. I am a huge fan of the commander aircraft, especially the 680 series. You just take your time. I was worried that something may have happened to the group or something and that was why it wasn't being released. I know what it is like to be busy: Graduated college last week, instrument rating check ride in 2 weeks, and getting married in 1 month. Keep up the great work guys and I wish you all the best on your amazing projects.

Guest Milton

Congrats on college completion (yeehaa!!!) and for the impending marriage, and I wish you luck on the instrument rating. :-)There will likely be 3 680's. The Super, the "E", and the "F". If we are not totally bummed out after that and the forthcoming Shrike, I would also like to do 680FL stretch fuselage.After this project, I may go back and revisit the Dash 7. There are many things I would like to improve on and to include a VC. I'll wait to see what FS2004 brings though so it can take advantage of whatever new is offered.RegardsMilton Shupe

Guest Grey_Wolf

Updating the Dash 7 to have a DVC and new COF fluf will be wonderful.I also anxiously await each release from the commander series.but I want it all NOW:)ohh well, I'll wait.Thanks Milton, for providing such wonderful aditions for flight sim.

Guest Milton

LOL Grey_Wolf,SimFlight and FSV will get the Dash 7 Ice Recon update to the existing model, but with specular highlights (dynamic shine), some ground handling and FD improvements.I have learned that the Aero Commander VC's work great in FS2004 with clickable gauges. That's great news!Andr

Guest Grey_Wolf

Whohoo!! you just made my month!!:-jumpy:-roller:-ukliamBut I've already learned so many key commands I only need to click on the GPS any more..

Any chances of some preview screenies Milton?? :)Your other Commanders are GREAT, I can't wait for these later models!!

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guest Milton

Thanks for the comments ;-)Here are a few pics taken while testing. The Ike is still under the brush, and still tweaking nite time gauge backlighting.EDIT: I might add that the AC680S will have two models, two panels, two VC's, and two paint schemes at least, all in one aircraft folder. The Ike model and panel is slightly different than the other and we wanted to stay true to these popular aircraft. Scott Thomas took a trip to Ohio Museum to get shots of the Ike exterior for me and interior for panel for his panel work and for the VC design.The panel shown here is the Ike panel which is similar to the 560A panel with a few mods.Milton