Sign in to follow this  
Guest oyvindhansen

The new FLY THE 717. Where is the FMC??

They claim its got a - Fully-featured B717 panel - So where is the FMC????????????????????????????How can they claim its a Fully-featured B717 panel??Dont think I want it until it has an FMC!

I don't think it has one... I kind of like the plane otherwise. I wish the VC cockpit was brighter at night..

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest oyvindhansen

Only by looking at the gauges in the panel, which appears to be at the level of the default ones, i can conclude that the panel is pretty far from full featured. But there are probably enough clueless people willing to buy this product.- Oyvind

I was stupid and did buy it! Ive now removed the aircraft and have asked for a refund! I didnt get what they claimed as a fully featured panel! So I want my money back!

No FMC......no $$$$$ from me especially on a Jet of that size and era.

Guest fly4beer

this kind of product ruins the payware market....no further comment

Ive sent 2 emails requesting a refund over the last 48hrs and still no reply! I sent 0ne email asking a Question yesturday and they replied? Funny that!! Guess its the refund part of the Question they dont like to reply too. If I dont get a reply by tuesday next week who else can I contact?

>Ive sent 2 emails requesting a refund over the last 48hrs and>still no reply! I sent 0ne email asking a Question yesturday>and they replied? Funny that!! Guess its the refund part of>the Question they dont like to reply too. If I dont get a>reply by tuesday next week who else can I contact?>Your Credit Card Company.If they wont help talk to the administrator of this site and see if Avsim can put some pressure on them to do the right thing, after all Avsim had done a lot of pre promotion for them. But then again......they might be doing quite a few refunds and havent got to your request.I think you should get a refund and then purchase Bob Hayes and Ron Hamiltons Beech 400 and Premier Biz Jet...it looks very promising and professional.Perfect Flight is ran by a bunch of third graders

Guest Marvel

yeah, from the screenshot there seems to be quite a lot of default stuff hidden in there. So I'll definitely pass on this one, cause I don't what to repeat the same mistake.

If *everybody* asked questions before buying, then no one would be able to answer those questions...Think about it - for *every* new product releases (free or pay) - there are always a handful that buy right away. The rest of us ask "Does it have this?" "Does it do that?"The flood of answers and comments ranges from "This is the greatest thing I've ever seen," to "This sucks bare #### because..., don't get it," - along with the handfull of weenies who say "This doesn't properly model the leakage effects of the capacitors in the engine control system used on the BG78R model of this aircraft, only 1 of which was produced..." which I promptly ignore.The majority of us then purchase stuff based off of the ratio of those answers... I'd say I've been pretty successful using this method:Bought: PSS 747/777, PSS A320, DF737 (which sucks #### on my machine since it's so slow - not the fault of DF737 itself), Mad Dog 2000 (Lago) 767PIC.Not Bought: PT/Ariane products, A320PIC, Fly the Mad Dog, CaptainSim 727, Fly the 717.As far as the FMC - basically - I look at it like this: if a product is freeware, then I don't expect an FMC - but if a product is payware, and the real aircraft has an FMC - then I expect one. So - for the 717 - David Vega's 717 panel (freeware, looks and works great) doesn't have an FMC and thats ok. FLY THE 717, while pretty to look at and has a few non-needed bells & whistles (ABL, Flight Manager) is payware, has no FMC, requires you to have Access 2000 for the Flight Manager.I won't even dignify the Perfect Flight Mad Dog with a detailed answer as to why that product sucks - all I gotta say is if you can't at least equal the standard (Lago Mad Dog), don't even try.I guess the only thing left to say is a quote from Donald Sutherland in The Dirty Dozen, "They're very pretty, Colonel, but can they fight?"

I have to say that I took one look at the screenshots and despite a fairly appealing visual model I quickly decided that there was no way I'd buy it. Seems that it was a good decision.

Sounds like another typical product from the company...Every single product they release is met with extreme disappointment by the vast majority of buyers (who are usually people who never bought from them before).