Sign in to follow this  

FS2004...better MP?

Does anyone know if FS2004 will have better multiplayer. It would be nice to actually be able to see parts on other aircraft moving (default aircraft that is) and fix the other problems associated with MP (a lot of them!). Also, it would be nice to be able to jump into another aircraft with someone (with permission of course) and watch them fly. Or even take the controls (Again with their permission). You could even go as far as being able to actually walk around the airplane and/or give a preflight walk around before jumping in. I feel that this part of MSFS has a lot that can be fixed and updated. With todays boom of High Speed Internet, etc, this section of the SIM is going to get more and more important to make it AS REAL AS IT GETS.Any Thoughts?

Guest steve_j

Hi!What I missed in FS2002 was also the correct lighting of the other MP aircrafts. I hope that with this version the problem is solved and we can see again NAV/BEACON/STROBE lights of all MP aircrafts.Steve---------------------------------------------------------------------Do you know the A320 Flightdeck Project? Visit www.a320flightdeck.com

This was my one pet peeve with Microsoft's decision to not patch FS2002.... I doubt it will be fixed in FS2004.... If they didn't recognize the issues in FS2002 and FS2000 before it, they are giving it a low priority.As for your suggestions, I would just rather see fewer bells & whistles, and more aircraft position fidelity, even if it means limiting players to the default aircraft during multiplayer sessions. There's no excuse for someone seeing you perform a final, only to plunge into the runway from their perspective, or bob up and down like a yo-yo. Multiplayer in FS98 was largely smooth. It's been destroyed since. So, IMHO, multiplayer is too broken to start adding more fluff. More important, I mostly flew with players from Asia and the Middle East. Multiplayer flight was my bridge to their world and their culture. Most had dial-up, and there are still many players with dial-up. I think that's where multiplayer went south--bandwidth started getting wasted for eye candy, vs. aircraft flight fidelity. Just give me a simple interface where their aircraft appear where they should. And next time MS advertises a feature as broken as MP, they better fix it. No excuse having to pay for a fix to this feature--none....Flame away, but I am more than PO'd Microsoft got away with this one....

Yeah, I agree completely. The things you listed where those that were part of my "other problems associated with MP (a lot of them!)." I just figured that those would be completely easy to fix since they had it a lot better earlier in the series (98). I never had fs2000. I do hope that they put more time into their UPDATES/PATCHES (like having one!!) for FS2004. There is NO EXCUSE for not having them when needed when it comes to a product like this.

Guest steve_j

Hi!Has anyone of the beta testers out there already tried to fly in Multiplayer mode? Will we be able to see the other's nav/beacon/strobe light correctly? Do other MP a/c leave vapour trails? :-)regards,steve ---------------------------------------------------------------------Do you know the A320 Flightdeck Project? Visit www.a320flightdeck.com