Sign in to follow this  
Guest Totalbeginner

MD11 freezes in FSX

Guest Totalbeginner

My PMDG MD11 keeps freezing in FSX and I can't find a solution :( It tends to happen during an FMS entry, such as DIR INT. The little VISTA timer appears and the sim freezes. The sound continues to play and after a few seconds I get a message to say a fatal error has occured and FSX must close.I've uninstalled FSX and tried again from scratch but it's still happening. Can anyone shed any light on this?Many thanks,Martin NeepP.S - It's great to see this forum back up and runnning, and even faster too! :(

Martin,When exactly does it freeze? Is it when you push the DIR INT button, or are you doing something on that page? Any specific time during the flight this happens?

Guest Totalbeginner

It's normally during the climb, I'll hit DIR INT and then choose a waypoint. The new route is drawn on the ND and as soon as the aircraft goes to turn, it freezes. This seems to be the most common occurance, but it happens with other key-presses and sometimes view changes. It never seems to happen in the cruise, descent or approach or landing phase?Regards,Martin Neep

I Have the same problem with my MD11. My happens once I've landed and I'm taxiing to the gates. Non of the controls are clickable and the MFDs show no movement.. During the flight, no problems but it appears to be a memory issue. I have a dual core system, 3Gb RAM and 512Mb graphics card and am running on Vista home premium. I have the latest update of MD11 and all drivers for my system are uptodate

Regards,

Fred Fleuren

It's normally during the climb, I'll hit DIR INT and then choose a waypoint. The new route is drawn on the ND and as soon as the aircraft goes to turn, it freezes. This seems to be the most common occurance, but it happens with other key-presses and sometimes view changes. It never seems to happen in the cruise, descent or approach or landing phase?Regards,Martin Neep
That's a strange one and I don't think I've seen any other reports of it. Maybe send an email to support, they might have a suggestion for you. Sorry I can't be more helpful, just never seen this one before.

Guest Totalbeginner

It's just happened again, this time a few seconds after takeoff... totally frozen. I tried to take a screenshot, but it wouldn't allow me to. This time windows didn't report an error, the sound continued to play and I had to use the task manager to end FSX.Thanks for the advice, I'll drop them a line.Regards,Martin Neep

Guest cloudfreak
It's just happened again, this time a few seconds after takeoff... totally frozen. I tried to take a screenshot, but it wouldn't allow me to. This time windows didn't report an error, the sound continued to play and I had to use the task manager to end FSX.Thanks for the advice, I'll drop them a line.Regards,Martin Neep
Hey,you are not alone ,the same happens to me. about a minute after TO FSX freezes ,Engine sound goes a step higher , fatal error occured!i have never had this problems before the last updateregardsJ

My PMDG MD11 keeps freezing in FSX and I can't find a solution :( It tends to happen during an FMS entry, such as DIR INT. The little VISTA timer appears and the sim freezes. The sound continues to play and after a few seconds I get a message to say a fatal error has occured and FSX must close.I've uninstalled FSX and tried again from scratch but it's still happening. Can anyone shed any light on this?Many thanks,Martin NeepP.S - It's great to see this forum back up and runnning, and even faster too! :(
Sim freeze here as well with the DIR INT FMS entry. It occurs roughly on 1 of 5 sim sessions where there is greater than light FMS usage. My workaround is to load approaches with star transitions to eliminate the need for the DIR INT at the airports that have such proceedures. Hopefully there will be a fix forthcoming.

Ryan Kelly

Does anybody know what causes this? I am having freezes to. Comes in different stages of the flight. Sometimes just after takeoff and other times in midflight. I do not get any messages saying this is because of the memory or other issues, it just stops and i have to quit FSX with use of the task manager.Karl Ellingsen

Hi GuysDid have some problems with this earlier, and I think I found it to be linked to the graphics card and the drivers. I have GeForce 8800 GTX and found that some of the Nvidia drivers would cause this to happen.I'm not sure, but it seems like most of you reporting of this problem have Nvidia cards, and I would therefore suggest that you try to change your graphics drivers. For me this helped, and the latest drivers from Nvidia have been very good and stable.Another thing you could check is your graphics card temp, as the card will often freeze and crash the computer if the temp is getting to high.I dont know, this is just some suggestions from me, and I could way off target here, but its an easy check and there's nothing here that will change your setup.Kind RegardsAudun Sj

I will try to change my graphic card driver. You see i have just updated the driver, so maybe that could be it. I can try to revers it back to the last version. Thank you! :( Karl Ellingsen

When Avsim was dead, I reported this freezes in an e-mail to PMDG and added the files needed to reproduce them. Unfortunately, I didn't get a solution answer, now I hope PMDG can look into this issue a little deeper.What I've seen is that freezes occur when SID and STAR portions of the flight plan are present.Simplest setup: TNCM to TNCM. It's enough to tell the FMC the departure runway and the approach by e.g. VOR to the famous runway with the beach in front of it. Shortly after takeoff, the sim freezes and crashes. This doesn't happen if no SID/STAR pages were filled out.This situation is 100% reproducable for me, and I've tested this on two different PCs with different FSX installations (one is stock-only, the other has GE, UT, mesh and FlyTampa TNCM etc.) and two Vista versions (x86 and x64) as well as different hardware.Even if only TNCM and the destination runway are in the flightplan (i.e. all other waypoints are deleted which were automatically inserted during STAR selection) - the minimum to have V speeds for both T/O and landing available - the MD-11 crashes FSX.IMHO this is clearly a bug. I need to be able to return to the same runway I departed doing a small circle only. The MD-11 crashes FSX (a PMDG dll is reported in the FSX crash dialog) when departure and approach runway data is present.So, I guess there's a bug somewhere in the waypoints sequencing code, the sim crashes only when the plane moves.Andreas

Guest kirk7312
Any news?Andreas
I got same issue. Does anyone have a solution?

Guest Totalbeginner

I've tried just about everything now and it's till happeneing, time to say good-night to the MD11 until a solution is found. For me, this problem makes the aircraft un-flyable.Regards,Martin Neep