Sign in to follow this  
Guest Van

737-200 panel

Guest Van

Hello to everyone,I have decided to make my 737-200 panel available via email to anyone that may be interested and meets the following criteria set out below.You will need several freeware and payware packages on your pc in order for my panel to function properly, these include:1. Richard Probst's 727v3 (rp727pn3.zip) and 727v4 (rp727pn4.zip) panel gauges...Both available from the Avsim file library, simply do a search on Richard Probst or enter the file names in the search field. (freeware)2. Dreamfleets Greatest Airliners 737-400 package. Gauges, sounds and bitmaps are needed from this package. (payware)3. Iron Knuckles DC-9 package. Gauges are needed from this package. (payware)4. Ariane's Command manager interface Rockwell-Collins IVSI/TCASIIv7 software stand alone package. (payware) or if you do not desire purchasing this gauge, then you can simply download Lee Hetherington's IVSI/TCAS gauge (767-tcas-v1.zip) from the Avsim file library and put it in place of the Ariane gauge. Lee's gauge was designed for PIC, but will work with any panel. You will have some shading issues where as the gauge trim will remain lit up even if the panel lights are off. This is due to the lighting logics that was written specifically for the PIC panel. Lee's gauge is also a work in progress as his gauge will show traffic, but hasn't aural or vsi commands for traffic threats. There is also the option to use Richards vsi gauge, but I have altered my main panel bmp to have the background that I desired for my Ariane IVSI/TCAS gauge so it will be up to you to modify the main panel bmp in order to place Richard's vsi gauge or Lee's gauge on the panel. I haven't the time to create 3 versions of my panel for different vsi options that people may want. I created this panel for "me" and am simply sharing it with those that have the packages required and that is all.It took me many months and 3 versions to finally get the complete 732 panel I was looking to create and this all come about with the resources available to me through my various freeware and payware packages that I have obtained over the past 2 years. I like many others was waiting for a quality 737-200 panel to come about and it just never seemed like it was going to happen and it was then that I decided to tackle the project myself as I had dabbled in panel design before, but had never done anything as complex as this project. I take absolutely no credit for the gauges and some of the bitmaps as these were created by the authors of the above mentioned packages. I merely created a few new bitmaps and reorganized the main panel bitmap. After this I had to tie everything together so the panel would function properly in every aspect. So basically you will have everything you would expect from a complete package, but please don't ask about a fmc as the 732's did not have them and only a very few 732adv's have had them installed in the past few years. You will have to navigate via vor's and ndb's as the pilots did and still do today and there is the availability of gps or if one desires they can download and install the new ins gauge that was uploaded to Avsim a few days ago, but it will be your responsability to install the package.I will have a detailed instruction file included in the zip and one needs only to follow the instructions and they will have their 737-200 panel up and running in no time. There are also many tips included.The panel I have put together will not be uploaded to any site whether it be payware or freeware and only available from me at request via email and I expect that anyone receiving my file will keep it for their own personal use and not upload it to any site as that would be illegal. So please respect my wishes!Under no circumstances will I include or send any payware gauges, so please do not ask.For those of you that have the required packages and want my panel, then send me an email to vanl@netzero.net and I will send it out as soon as possible. I have a few shots of my panel below. In the first shot I am running a test on the TCAS system prior to departure and in the second shot you can see that the TCAS has detected an intruder and has issued a vsi command to climb to avoid a collision.Regards,Van Latendresse

For anyone who has the gauges this is a "must have" panel. I think it's one of the best ever done. Thanks for making it available Van. Trip

Guest Van

You are very welcome Trip and thanks for the compliment :)Regards,Van LatendresseYeoDesigns/AFG Group

Guest Van

To all of you that have received my panel and have sent me such kind compliments through your emails, I thank you very much!I want to mention that I have included my FDE for the FFX732 model that I highly recommend be used with my panel as I designed it with my panel in mind and it has been tested by a realworld 732 driver and he reported back to me that it flew by the numbers. For those of you that still fly the YeoDesigns model, I also have an updated FDE available. If you want the YeoDesigns 732v2 FDE, then give me a shout.Again thank you all.Van LatendresseYeoDesigns/AFG Group

Guest Van

Anyone that has received my panel that does not feel comfortable editing the panel cfg to add their own static flight deck window views can either let me know on this thread or send me an email and I will send you the static bitmaps that I use for my panel as my panel cfg references these particular bitmaps already.Regards,Van Latendresse

Guest Van

It's hard for me to imagine that anyone uses the FS2002 default panels for their flight simming experiences anymore. The default 734 panel is not even close to accurate for a 734 nevermind a 732, but thanks for letting people know about the availability of Reality XP's glass ADI.I must add, for simmers that are fairly new to the hobby and do use the default panels, they should definately look around the various flight sim sites as there are many quality freeware and payware panels out there that bring that much more realism to your desktop :)Regards,Van

Guest Van

Hi everyone,Just a note that I added a second panel cfg to my panel package for those that do not have Ariane's IVSI/TCAS gauge and want to use Lee Hetherington's IVSI/TCAS gauge instead. All you need is Lee's gauge in your gauge folder and you're all set.Regards,Van

Guest Van

Just thought I would show a shot of the Ariane IVSI/TCAS gauge installed on the PIC panel. I know Lee Hetherington has created a freeware gauge of this type, but for those that may have purchased the Ariane gauge you will get full functionality as per the real Rockwell-Collins IVSI/TCAS. Both aural and vsi commands for a potential threat as well as a test function are included. I can't say enough about this particular gauge as it can be installed on any panel and works exactly like it's real world counterpart.Regards,Van

Guest JeanLuc_

Hi Van,thank you very much for your contribution to the community! Is there any chance you could post a screenshot of your realization?As a side note, and in my opinion, it just takes more than labeling a gauge as TCAS II V7 to have it work like the real world conterpart. From what I've been told, it is a very good rendition of a TCAS though, but not up to the TCASII V7 standard to say it works like its real world counterpart, especially when considering the simulated (TA and RA TAU based) volume protection which is way too aproximate in the one you refered too. :-)

Guest Van

Hi JeanLuc,I was just quoting Ariane's claims is all and so far their TCAS is the only one of it's type that I'm aware of in the simming community as there are many including Lee's that show traffic and that is it where as Ariane's is fully functional. There is much info available from the Ariane site if you want to check it out.I have already attached a pic on my above post with the Ariane gauge installed on the PIC panel.Regards,Van

Guest Van

Hi,For those of you that have received my panel and have the Ariane IVSI/TCAS gauge and would like to see it blend into the panel perfectly, there is a program called gaubmp2.zip available from simviation.com. This wonderful program is a great utility to have as you can extract and edit gauge bitmaps for most gauges. I have had the program for quite a while now and I recently edited my Ariane/TCAS gauge so that the trim color(blue/gray) matches the real world Rockwell Collins TCAS display that is used on the 732, 733 and 734 flight decks. Anyone that wants to edit their Ariane gauge and may need help, just give me a shout via email. You can also rename the gauge so that you have the original and the edited one for use on my panel.I have attached a pic below.RegardsVan LatendresseYeoDesigns/AFG Groupvanl@netzero.net

Guest SlimDady

crap dont have the greatest airliners package.. sounds like a good panel..

Guest Van

Hi all,Just a quick note to those that have received my panel and may be interested. I have created an alternate panel option with the "dial style" radio altimeter instead of the tape style. For those of you that prefer this more classic 732 panel arrangement, you can either leave a message here or email me and I'll send the modified main panel bitmap and panel cfg file out A.S.A.PSee attached pics below.Regards,Van LatendresseYeoDesigns/AFG Group

Guest Van

One last update to my panel.Since Lee Hetherington released his wonderful IVSI/TCAS and transponder package, I have been meaning to get around to incorporating it into my 732 panel. Well I finished that task and have managed to blend the colors for both the IVSI/TCAS and transponder to match my panel perfectly.I highly recommend Lee's gauge as it is even more realistic then the Ariane payware stand alone IVSI/TCAS gauge as Ariane's unfortunately does not come with a transponder of it's own and as a result of that, it has limited functionality.For anyone that has my panel package and would like this update, simply email me or leave a message here and I will get it out to you. I still use FS2002 as I'm in no hurry to upgrade to FS2004 because of all the negative feedback I've been reading and I fly PIC767 and my panel exclusively, so until PIC is updated for FS2004 I'll be staying put. With that said I have no idea if my panel will function in FS2004.I have attached a few pics below.Regards,Van LatendresseYeoDesigns/AFG GroupPanel/FDE Designer