Sign in to follow this  

Answer to "will Meigs be in fs2k4?" here!

Guest Max Cowgill

I remember the question "will Meigs be in fs2k4" being posed not too long ago and the answer can be found in this screenshot directly off of microsoft's website I'm surprised no one else caught this yet... If it has been pointed out already forgive me for being out of the loop.-Max CowgillEDITED TO TAKE OUT IMAGE LEACHING. Do not leach images from other sites to place in messages. Please only place link in messages.

I saw this pic yesterday, but don't remember the forum. I guess you're out of the loop! :)Of course, MS could slap some X's across the runway and turn out the lights. Or if AOPA get's their way, along with some other officials, Meigs might be back in time!L.Adamson

Could of course be the screenshot was taken before the destruction of Meigs...We'll have to wait and see but I do think Meigs will be there as they're unlikely to break open the product for something this minor (in the greater scheme of things).

I don't think painting some X's on the runway would take a lot of effort. A single developer could do that in a matter of minutes. Since it is/was the default starting location, it is a pretty big deal.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Hopefully the Meigs story isn't over. Aopa reported yesterday that state legislators are starting an investigation-I am sure pressure will be put on the mayor-hopefully enough that he will crumble.I wonder if the mayor has considered the wonderful free publicity he gets for his city from MS by having Meigs the startup airport for the world-I am sure lots have travelled to Chicago just to see it after flying it virtually.http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/Geofdog2.jpg

Guest Lizardo

A point well taken, but "consideration" doesn't seem to figure in with Meigs. I sort of think they'll rebuild it...but where does that leave CoF just hanging there? Cleveland has a nice lakefront airport also, in the meantime.

Let me add too that in FS2004, there is NO initial startup airfield given by MS. You have to assign one of your choice. At least, that's my experience with some 3 hours on it at this point.

Those are some of the best shots seen yet. The sky at the Pyramidsis unreal. From the shot of O'Hare and other shots seen it looks like my thoughts of fields blending better with the surrounds have been answered. The only dissapointment I see (knowing its still not the final version) is that the VASI lights are still very bright in clear sky conditions. I was really hoping that MS would make the VASI lights less bright like in real life. Having a better blended field means nothing if you can pick out the airport 10 miles away because you see the VASI lights first. I was really hoping that MS might model real life lighting where during daylight the vasi lights are only visable when on a short final point as oppossed to an in range point. Also at night you would see the green/white light strobe before you see field lights for the most part. Anyway theres always the chance third party or the next version might address this small obsession of mine.Kilstorm