Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

737-200...YeoDesigns or FFX/SGA?

Hi everyone,I would be interested to know what peoples opinion is of the FFX 732 when compared to the YeoDesigns model? This may seem a slightly odd question because its not like we are talking about a payware design here or anything! I could just download the FFX model and try it out for myself, but I'm just interested in what people think? I have the V2 YeoDesigns model from way back when they released it, but I don't often fly it, not that this is a bad reflection on it or anything. But with the constant release of livery's for the FFX model, I thought I may do a change over! Also, what panel do most people use?Any opinions would be most appreciated.Kind regards,Al Summers.

Even though I fully support Yeodesigns, I have to say I enjoy the FFX model much better. Visually it's right on the money and if you look at both models you'll see what I'm talking about. FFX would be dangerous if they designed a complete package (panel, sounds, VC, etc.).

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest Van

Hi,The FFX model is worth putting in your hanger. It is a very well done model and it has dynamic shine, something the model designer at YeoDesigns did not include with the 732v2 model, but then the Yeo model was released quite some time ago.I am a group member at YeoDesigns (now AFG as Yeo and AFG have merged)and I use the FFX732 as my main 732 model, so that should tell you something.As far as 732 panels go, I just started a 737-200 panel thread that I believe is now on page 2, so give that a look see and perhaps you will have the packages needed in order for me to email you my panel (if you are interested that is)Regards,Van LatendresseYeoDesigns/AFG Group

Regretably, whilst I do have the Richard Probst panel, and the Flight 1 DC-9, I do not have the Dreamfleet 737, nor am I likely to ever get it. But thankyou for the kind offer. I'm sure there will be many other people who will take you up on it.Many thanks for the comments abou the 732, I will download the FFX model and do a changeover!Kind regards,Al Summers.

I must say, the thing which irritated me to beyond the cosmos about the Yeodesigns B737 are the extra ordinary oversized engine pods. How talented designers such as those who made the Yeodesigns 737-200 could have overlooked this with the zillions of photographs available from such sources as AIRLINERS.NET is beyond me!So that leaves me with the FFX 737, which is at least correct when it comes to the engine pods.My 2 cents worth on this!

Guest cast1010

I must admit this now...Some time ago I said I prefer the Yeo's B732 because it has more details than the FFX's. I was wrong!After seeing some screen shots of the FFX's B732 I realized that something was wrong with the textures that I downloaded. I remember the first repaint that I downloaded was WestJet, in my computer I used to see this repaint very very blurred and compared with Yeo's it was totally unacceptable. Later, I learned how to remove the mipmaps from the FFX's textures and that was like getting a new airplane. All the beautiful details in FFX's B732 came alive.I still think Yeo's is a great airplane, yeah, it has some flaws but for me those flaws weren't a big deal. Now that I can see all the great features of FFXs visual model I just moved my Yeo's to the maintenance hangar. I admitted, I was wrong, now I changed my mind.Congrats to both Yeodesing and FFX, they have done a great job.About the panel, I'm using a custom panel posted in this forum a couple of months ago. I only have a problem with the GPS navigation. The rest is great. Do a search of "B732 panel" you will find a BIG thread.Carlos.

Al,Both very good models for their time. I respectully recommend you make your own decision on this, if you must only have one, or abandon one for the other. When the YeoDesigns 732 came out, there was no FFX 732. I'm thankful for the YeoDesign crew for having released it. See, I don't know how create my own airplanes, and it's great these guys do this for free. Now that the FFX 732 is out, great, more selection. Some people say the shape of the FFX 732 is closer to the real thing, but there are also things the FFX lacks that the YeoDesign has, like seeing the taxi lights from the flight deck. So, download both, use both, enjoy both. After all, they are both free, and there are plenty of liveries for both, also designed by great people, and did I mention, for free.Regards,Dave Vega

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

Thanks for expressing your points of view guys, I'm going to download the FFX model today and get some livery's, and a panel. I did have a good panel for my Yeodesigns model, but it had an annoying habit of crashing my computer when you 'changed' from another aircraft to the 732, so will have to remember which one it was and avoid it!I agree with you Dave, there is no reason not to enjoy both, and like you, designing is not currently within my ability's! As you say its fantastic that we can enjoy these great models for free, BUT, I'm a perfectionist...I like my hanger neat and tidy, which means not having two models of one aircraft...a strange policy! Ha ha, yes it probably seems so!Anyway, thanks again guys. Good to talk to you.Regards,Al.

Thats certainly a good panel. From reading the posts after your screenshots it looks like you can download it from somewhere, but I can't find it. Any chance you could e-mail it to me at smmrs429@aol.com? But not a problem if you are unable to. I'll just do a bit more searching.Kind regards,Al Summers.

I've recieved the panel, many thanks for that.Regards,Al.