Sign in to follow this  
Rocky

CLS A330 Memory Leak

If you are using the A330 from CLS with FS2004, like I did, you may have noticed a problem of memory leak that can lead to an FS crash to the desktop. Having a quick look at the CLS forum immediately brings the solution.The problem is because the CLS installer puts all the common texture files (used in all the virtual cockpits) in the main texture folder of FS2004 and all the livery textures, which are specific to each aircraft livery, are placed in the "texture.XXX" folder of each aircraft. The idea is good because it saves disk space: instead of having the common texture files duplicated n times when you have n liveries, they are stored only once on your disk, a single instance in the main texture folder.Unfortunately, it doesn't work. When you load the aircraft in FS, all the textures appear correctly, it looks like it works, but in fact it causes the memory leak. So the solution is to copy all the common texture files into each "texture.XXX" folder, and here comes file duplication again...Some people said here and there that other aircraft manufacturers could make this work. Some other aircrafts store common texture files in a single folder, and all the specific livery textures are stored in the "texture.XXX" folder. In other words, it seems that some other manufacturers could make the CLS idea work correctly.Do you know an aircraft that uses this technique successfully?Do you know why it doesn't work for the CLS aircrafts of the A330 series?My goal is to have this working because it saves a significant disk space. If this technique works, you can apply it to any aircraft series and save much disk space. I know disk is cheap, but my FS runs on a SSD, which is not that cheap...Thanks for any info :( Eric

Guest lgvpilot1

Hi Eric PSS used a similar Idea with their 757 and to an extent with the 777They seemed to place some textures in the main FS9 Texture folder , and then a second folder in the FS9/Aircraft folder for the VC textures Then finally there is the individual Livery folders which only contain three or four textures.I know people have had various issues with PSS aircraft over the years , but I dont recall a memory leak being among them .As to why it would work for PSS and not for CLS .... I have no idea !!Mark

Quality wings is similar but I have no problem with it i could spent hours on the QW 757 but when I fly the A330 from CLS i keep getting CTD! >.< its makes me mad cuz is an expensive pack when you get all of them.... First i tough it was the flight deck since everytime I made a flight when arriving it said I had no memory to run FS.... then i change the panel and still get CTDs