Sign in to follow this  

At last a successful AI Concord!

Dear All.I am a happy man today! JAnd at last I have succeeded in finding a Concord suitable to fly as AI aircraft, flying at supersonic speed above 55,000 feet and landing successfully. That is the Concord by Pedro Oliveira.In all other Concords they fail to fly AI. The ATC cancels its flight either it cannot maintain the allocated flight level, or attains the flight level but keeps oscillating above and below that level with a considerable variation that the ATC cancels the flight. Or else is unable to descend to required flight level so that it overshoots the airport many thousands of feet above it, and the ATC simply cancels the flight. I think the success of this Concord should be due to the accurate flight dynamics by Pedro.RegardsShri

Hi Shri:congratulations! I d/l the concorde package as well and plan to set it up as AI. From your message it sounds like you didn't alter the .air or aircraft.cfg files, or did you?Cheers, Holger

The latest (final freeware upgrade package) by Pedro Oliveira is the best ever for Sim flying but I did find when using as AI my framerates dropped a lot. I read that the best AC for AI (framerate friendly) have the smallest .mdl size and this Concorde .mdl is 4,751kb.I have a 2400AMD, A7V333 Mobo, PC2700 and a Radeon 9700 Pro but found using this Concorde in AI my framerates drop by 6fps but with the default Concorde using the Aircraft.cfg and Air file by Paul R. Varn (Modified for FS2002 10/17/2002 Updated 01/20/2002) they remain unaltered and perform OK in AI.The new Concorde update by Pedro is a masterpiece IMHO and all credit to the team - I look forward to his forthcoming commercial FS Concorde project which is supposed to be even better.Shep.

Well. I did not alter the aircraft config file. But hold on. It did give trouble and the sim was crashing when it loaded the AI aircraft files. Some occasions When the sim did not crash the AI flight was perfect. So I think I figured it out and I think the title as given by Pedro was too long and that was the reason for the Sim to crash, so I changed the title name to something simple such as "Concorde Air france", and also did the changes to the releavant Aircraft file in the Ttools. Now there is no problem.Best of luck.Shri