Sign in to follow this  

Advice please using rudder pedals with USB joystick

I have a perfectly servicable Sidewinder FF stick (version one). It is not USB. I notice windows XP lacks a proper driver to enable FF for this stick, it merely calls a generic driver which enables the axis and buttons but does not provide FF controls, hence the stick is unusable except for helicopters. Does anyone know of a source for XP drivers for this version (not Sidewinder FF2).Secondly, most current decent joysticks are USB, but my rudder pedals are Game Port connected. I can't find a way of enabling my rudder pedals in tandem with a USB stick. It seems everything must be USB or everything must be Game port. Does anyone have a solution to this, or will I have to now dump my pedals and buy USB ones. Seems an awful waste of good hardware.Thank You,Rob Young

Rob,I use Thrustmaster analog pedals and a Saitek X45 USB stick. The pedals are connected to my older Saitek 3D Digital stick and the game port. In the assignment menu for FS2002, it will show both Saitek & Saitek X45. For Saitek and joystick axis ----- I disable everything but rudder pedals. All other assignments are for the X45. This system has worked real well.L.Adamson

Thanks for the link Carmine - but $100 for USB pedals when I already have perfectly good pedals? I think I'll try a more economic solution! Thanks anyway.Rob

HI Larry,Thanks for the tip. I can get both devices showing, but I don't understand how to disable the functions I don't need (ie everything except the rudder. When clicking on settings I seem to only be able to calibrate everything. If I do not calibrate, the axis functions are still there and FS2002 gets confused about which input is which.Is there a rudder-only installation in win XP.Confused,Rob