Sign in to follow this  
Arklight1

The Beechjet is out!!!!!

Well, after reading the feature list of this sim and noting that the list was long on exterior features but short on cockpit functionality - I decided to pass. When I looked at the cockpit shots it further confirmed this one is not for me (the graphics seem crude by todays standards).But I am glad that someone is buying - any honest developer should deserve his market share.Michael J.

MichaelIm in agreement with you on the cockpit. Not sure if it is just the low res pics they have posted. Looks very colorful though. I would love to hear from the new owners on this one. VC is what Im interested in. Anyone who would be willing to post some pics it would be much appreciated.BobG

Guest frankcubillos

Might take a read, has some high res pics of the vc and 2d panel:http://fsgateway.com/beechreview/---Banners? We don't need no stinkin' banners!---Visualize FSGateway/ProjectAI sig banner here

Hi Frank I did see this review but the pics but from those pics it is difficult to determine quality. I hope someone will post some good pics.RegardsBob G

I just got mine and have only been checking her out for about 20 minutes. I can honestly say this is money well spent. The VC is very nice....crisp, clear, no blurries I can see. I am a VC kind of guy, and this one is much better than I expected. The 2D panel is very well done too. You can almost hardly tell the two apart. As far as total functionality, I haven't gotten that far. But, I can say that the attention to detail is excellent overall. The call-outs are very cool. The night lighting looks great along with the opening and closing sound effects of the landing lights. She flies and handles like a dream....smooth, sharp and agile (I guess like a jet of this size would). I am very pleased thus far. Great Job and Well Done to all at Eagle Soft!!!!Larry :-wavehttp://www.air-source.us/images/main/asgif.gif http://www.air-source.us

Well I just took a quick stroll in it and it seems really nice. The vc is real good looking and the systems are pretty good(sorry not to much detail just tried it out and wanted to share). No FMC but really a good plane!!

Thanks Larry Sooo.. What I heard was the VC is almost as clear as the 2D. Do you fly mostly in the VC? Keep us posted. Thanks for your reply as I know your busy :-)Bob G

Guest bigun

I promise you. There is nothing crude about this plane. The 2d and 3d cockpits look great. Very clear and crisp. Textures, flight model, etc are fantastic. Get it! You won't be diappointed.George

Bob,Well, IMHO, the VC is as clear as the 2D. I personally like to fly mostly in the VC. The 2D is really well done and I am very impressed. I forgot to mention earlier, the 3D cabin is very nicely done as well. It is on par or better than the Cessna 421C. I won't have time to fly her any more tonight (12am where I'm at, gotta be at work at 05:30....YUCK!). Tomorrow after work, I plan to get into her more and figure out the autopilot and cockpit functionality. I am a little disappointed she doesn't have an FMC. But, the overall quality definitely makes up for it. I don't think you would be disappointed. Larry :-wavehttp://www.air-source.us/images/main/asgif.gif http://www.air-source.us

Well, I just bought it and flew it and it is FANTASTIC!VERY NICE JOB Eaglesoft. Great VC, AWESOME EXTERIOR, lots of cool little details.Just took her for a spin around Edwards to check her out and I am VERY pleased. Haven't had a chance to check out all the systems as of yet but so far I am impressed. The VC is very nice (kinda reminds me of the C421 VC in terms of detail/feel). The exterior is nothing short of amazing. I am a stickler for little details and I actively look for errors (character flaw, LOL) but so far I have found none visually. Take off was challenging , I couldn't just jam the throttles to the firewall and scream into the sky...it took a little finesse. The call outs are GREAT and a nice touch. I REALLY like the sounds as well, they seem very authentic and clear, great quality.Overall, I am vary happy with this purchase. I find it hard to believe that this is thier first payware project. The new Beechjet is a must have for all of you Corporate jet afficianados.You will love it!!Shane

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

I absolutly love flying biz jets and this plane looks great, but I have a question. I have never bought a payware plane for FS2002, how do you pay for a payware plane? Just give a credit card # or something like that?If I do get this plane I will be waiting til I get my digital cable modem some time next week. A 25mb file size will take forever to download on my 56k modem!

>I absolutly love flying biz jets and this plane looks great,>but I have a question. I have never bought a payware plane for>FS2002, how do you pay for a payware plane? Just give a credit>card # or something like that?>>If I do get this plane I will be waiting til I get my digital>cable modem some time next week. A 25mb file size will take>forever to download on my 56k modem!Hello :)First, you download the Initial Package (the Package from the Eaglesoft Website).Second, unzip the file and you will be presented with an .exe file for the aircraft.Third, click the .exe file and a screen will pop up asking for your "info", IE name/address/email/credit card etc...Finally, enter in your info, click next, after the order is approved you will automatically be taken to the setup for the aircraft. Install and fly!! That's it! :)*NOTE* The Beechjet uses the "Flight1 Wrapper" for your order. Some other payware groups may use something else. Follow the on-screen directions accordingly. Fortunately, the "Flight1 Wrapper" is the easiest to use and you receive your "key" instantly.Hope this helps!:)

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guest Lobaeux4

No FMC!!I'm starting to find that a little hard to swallow with payware aircraft. I'm sure it's a great buy, and I may end up picking it up still, but I'm a little dismayed there's no FMC.One of the biggest "blocks of instruction" during my training to fly the BE40 was the FMC, it's an amazing piece of hardware, and although I'm sure it'd be pretty hard to include all it's features for FS2K2, I would've like to have seen at least an attempt at it. Maybe in a future release? I'm sure if I dig around I can still find all my old Beechjet manuals, maybe.I will be interested in seeing how it comes along, it really is an amazing aircraft to fly real life.Lobaeux

>Thanks Larry>> Sooo.. What I heard was the VC is almost as clear as the>2D. Do you fly mostly in the VC? Keep us posted. Thanks for>your reply as I know your busy :-)Just for the record, the Beech 400A has been throughly tested in the beta version of FS:CoF. As the VC panel and lighting designer, I am happy to report that the VC is 100% functional in FS:CoF... :)There are quite a few innovations in the panel system. The MFD is fully functional with a multi-page checklist, rose/arc mode, navaid map, etc.One feature that I hope will be well accepted is an autoswitch system that will illuminate the VC during the daylight hours to minimize the shadows. MS has grossly overdone the shadowing effect, which renders most VC's useless during the daytime.Night illumination for the panel features a hi/lo intensity switch, and the transition from the 2d to 3d cockpit is nearly seamless. Lo-res screenshots simply do not do this justice at all!Here are a couple of hi-res 1280x1024 shots of the VC and 2d in the daytime (hosted on my website!). :)http://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/im.../vc_daytime.JPGhttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/im.../2d_daytime.JPGBillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/BLeaming.jpg