Sign in to follow this  
Arklight1

The Beechjet is out!!!!!

Well guys I must say we have another classic on our hands....Great job Eaglesoft!!!

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I was hoping that high-res shots would change my mind. But what I see is a panel that can't even touch clarity of Bill Grabowski's freeware ERJ-145 panel and is simply generation behind something like Flight1's Meridian. Of course, it is my opinion only. But I appreciate the posting.Michael J.

Also just purchased it...Have to say I bought it based on the visuals, especially all around detail. I don't fly for cockpit drill, so I won't comment on that aspect of the package--I'm hardly qualified. I can only find one issue--that the aircraft does not use dynamic shine, as far as I can tell. But other than that, it's everything I was hoping for. For those folks who fly for the pleasure of it, or want a sense of what this style of air travel is all about, they can't go wrong.Also, purchase (I know some don't like "wrapper" programs) was easy and took seconds after the initial download. That's part of what I like best about Flight1's wrapper program. Download took 2 hrs, 30 min on my 28.8 connection.... Took it as time to catch a movie...Thanks Eaglesoft for upping the value of FS....-John

Don't forget, You still have a second (free) aircraft coming, and it DOES have some quite beautiful dynamic shine. See the screenshots at the website. I made sure I designed it that way!Best,Bob HayesEagleSoft

Guest tkjake

Hi. I got mine last night and took her for a short hop. What a beauty!I'm a VC fan and this one is just great. I personally don't prefer FMC's, but thats probably because I fly mostly GA props and a Garmin 530 works just fine. I have found this to be a wonderful hand flyer. The 2D cockpit looks fine to me. It isn't up to "breifing Time" standards, but then, not much is. I also have grabbed up all 5 repaints that are on the site and am reeally looking forward to the Premier! Nice work Eaglesoft. Well worth the money.

>No FMC!!>I'm starting to find that a little hard to swallow with>payware aircraft. I'm sure it's a great buy, and I may end up>picking it up still, but I'm a little dismayed there's no>FMC.I'm assuming that you aren't aware of the massive amount of code required to implement even a minimally functional FMC. Given the extremely limited set of 'native' FS2k2 key_commands and state_variables to work with, nearly everything would have to be 'hand-rolled' in code.As several developers would surely admit, the amount of time needed to develop such would greatly exceed the total time needed to develop the entire aircraft, and also add quite a few MB's to the download! :)BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://mtco.com/~rsam/fartslogo.jpg

So how doe we get that second aircraft? I bought and installed the Beech 400A this morning, but saw no mention of the second aircraft during the install.Dale

>So how doe we get that second aircraft? I bought and>installed the Beech 400A this morning, but saw no mention of>the second aircraft during the install.>>DaleOn the "Announcements" page, it is reported that the Premier I will be released in two weeks. We're working hard to finish up the coding, and beta testing.We just didn't want to further delay the release of the 400A while we finished 'tweaking' the Premier I.BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/BLeaming.jpg

Thanks for your disicion to release the Beechjet and have use wait for the Premier I, I'm really happy with this purchase...Great work.Can hardly wait for the arrival of the Premier I...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Not really sure where you get the idea that this cockpit is short on functionality. As a 400 pilot I programmmed almost everything that is in the real aircraft into this panel and there are things in this panel that 95% of the people probably wont even notice. But for those 5% that want it all, its there. I accemp your decision not to but, but I don't think you would be disappointed.Lonnyhttp://forums.avsim.com/user_files/10565.jpg

Guest Lobaeux4

I understand it'd be pretty hard to program up an FMC from scratch. And I also realise that on the website it said "No plans at this time to include functional FMC's since we have elected to use the affordability approach for these aircraft."However, the plane is still 24.95 and while I think it's a pretty good price, I purchased the PSS Airbus, PSS Dash 8, DF737, PIC 767, PSS 747 and PSS 777 all at a comparable price and they included FMC's. I think the exteriors of this aircraft look great, may be the best right now, even the panel looks fantastic, but a huge part of flying this type of plane is in the FMC.Make no mistake about it, I'll probably still buy it, especially since I may be going back to instruct in this plane, I'm just a little disheartened (and probably a little spoiled) that it didn't come with one.Lobaeux

Hey LonnieI am very interested in the 95% that most will miss. It is all in the manaual yes? RegardsBob G

>I understand it'd be pretty hard to program up an FMC from>scratch. And I also realise that on the website it said "No>plans at this time to include functional FMC's since we have>elected to use the affordability approach for these>aircraft."The key words being, of course, "at this time." If and when an FMC is programmed, the simplest part would be to re-work the visible design to retrofit it to the a/c. It's the FMC "engine" and "database" that are so time intensive to construct! :)Since the goal was to produce a panel that replicates as much as possible a "real 400A's flightdeck," it was admittedly a hard decision to make. Developing an authentic FMC would have added at least six months or more to the development time, which was already approaching a full year... :)BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/BLeaming.jpg

>Hey Lonnie>>I am very interested in the 95% that most will miss. It is all>in the manaual yes? Mostly, it's in the manual (free for d/l, of course). There were a few late additions that didn't make it into the manual (such as the MFD's indexed checklists), but most of it is described/pictured.BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/BLeaming.jpg

Guest Timbo

I have mixed feelings so far about it. Some of the aircraft features are nice like opening windows, doors, etc. My pet peeve with aircraft though is low-resolution textures, and upon looking at the textures, this aircraft has pretty low resolution textures on the exterior. If you zoom in one or two notches on the aircraft, the textures become grainy and pixellated. I'm also a bit dissapointed at the lack of dynamic shine, since it seems to be standard today in both freeware and payware. The panel is pretty good but some knobs are blurry. I'm hoping that the Premier I will justify the $25 because right now, I don't think the Beechjet alone does.[table][tr][td rowspan=2]http://timbo87.home.attbi.com/sig/valiant.gif[/td][td]

Tim Pinkawa

[/td][tr][td]

Alpha Sims Texture Artist/Panel Designer

Tims FS Studio]

[/td][/tr][/table