Sign in to follow this  
Arklight1

The Beechjet is out!!!!!

Tim,The Beechjet does have "dynamic shine" - actually specular highlights. The BJ has DXT3 compressed textures. Obviously, these are not going to be as "clean" as 32 bit, but, they are easier on hardware and require a lot less download time.Interesting, I would have expected a painter to have these obsevations. :)There are trade-offs everywhere. Hopefully, they are not show stoppers.Best,Bill

>Tim,>The Beechjet does have "dynamic shine" - actually specular>highlights. The BJ has DXT3 compressed textures. Obviously,>these are not going to be as "clean" as 32 bit, but, they are>easier on hardware and require a lot less download time.Actually Bill, what we have is reflective surfaces. "Dynamic Shine" is a relatively recent technique that uses a specular color applied from within the modelling program itself. Using that technique eliminates (or minimizes) the need for reflective texture mapping. It's not that difficult to do, but we simply 'ran out of time.'However, to the other gentleman's point about the grainy textures, he should definitely try some of the 'repaints' available. He will be very pleasantly surprised!BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://mtco.com/~rsam/fartslogo.jpg

Guest Timbo

Bill,What I'm talking about is the entire BJ body consists of a 1024px texture. Compared to most planes of this type today, almost none have a combined total of less than 2048px. No matter what format you use, on a 1024px body, you can never achieve the clarity and sharpness of planes that use twice the texturing resolution. About the dynamic shine, I was expecting something a bit more noticeable. Biz jet owners, it seems, stive to keep their aircraft as shiny as possible and in photos I've seen they're very shiny. The "glossy" effect through Alpha channels doesn't really achieve this as well as the true specular lighting on the model does.[table][tr][td rowspan=2]http://timbo87.home.attbi.com/sig/valiant.gif[/td][td]

Tim Pinkawa

[/td][tr][td]

Alpha Sims Texture Artist/Panel Designer

Tims FS Studio]

[/td][/tr][/table

>About the dynamic shine, I was expecting>something a bit more noticeable. Biz jet owners, it seems,>stive to keep their aircraft as shiny as possible and in>photos I've seen they're very shiny. The "glossy" effect>through Alpha channels doesn't really achieve this as well as>the true specular lighting on the model does.Considering that the texture file is already a very hefty 52 MB's, I don't see how much more would have been desirable. I would prefer the specular highlighting myself, but as I said time was growing too short for that to make the cut.Of course, I'm a died-in-the-wool "panel junkie," seldom spending much time sitting on the wingtip and admiring the lovely specular highlighting and/or reflections while Otto flies the plane... :)BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://mtco.com/~rsam/fartslogo.jpg

Guest Lobaeux4

I gotta admit, I think the exterior, paint job and all looks fantastic!! The panel looks pretty good too!Overall, I think it's a package I'm going to have to add to my collection.Lobaeux

Guest rlefebvr

I am not sure about the 2D panel from reading all of this.Everything is functional or not. and if it is functional, is it just for show or do you really need to follow proper procedures to get the plane going and staying in the air.In other words, is this like Dreamfleet where everything is there, but it don't matter if you use it or not or is it like PIC where everything has to be done or it will not fly or is it somewhere in the middle.RonCVA1701

Well, dang. I would've swore this thing had "dynamic shine". Maybe it's the Premier? Obviously, there is reflection. I realize this is handled with an alpha channel.And what you say is entirely true concerning texture sizes.Best,Bill

Well after getting sometime with it now, this plane is more than I could have asked for. The texture issue I have not seen and I am fine with there not being a fmc because I like to hand fly alot. This is a great plane and at 24.95 u will also get a second plane for free at the end of the month. I don't know that many companys that will give that great of a deal with this kind of quality. So great job to Eaglesoft and I will be a customer for a long time to come!!!

I think the textures are GREAT, especially the repaints available. Very clear, interesting and just plain beautiful!!I have ABSOLUTELY NO COMPLAINTS about the textures whatsoever. GREAT work Eaglesoft!

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3