Sign in to follow this  
briansommers

eaglesoft beechjet 400 crashes fs2002

ok, never had a problem with any other payware a/c and yes i have tons of them they all work fine except this oneim running an AMD athlon 2gig, with GF4 ti4200 128 and 512megs on board, with ch pro yoke and pedalsit loads up - i see the a/c on the ramp but thats it, my hd continues to access and grind away then crashany ideas?/ifx?ciao!Brian S

Ciao!

Guest EGT_

I've had the problem aswell, twice.I read the error report created after the crash and it said something about the landing light guage ??

i left an email to eaglesoft and they replied within 10min, man i consider that great customer service, and he solved my problemanyone else having problem as above, load in default a/c then go into cockpit 2d mode then load beechjet 400a now it works great! this is really a great a/c and thanks to eaglesoft for great customer serviceciao!Brian S

Ciao!

Guest dpc

They indicated this would happen on their forum. Check it out for explaination but basically, they had to do some creative coding to get around some limitations in FS. They state that the plane must be started in 2D. It also works fine if you save flights using the plane in 2D

>i left an email to eaglesoft and they replied within 10min,>man i consider that great customer service, and he solved my>problem>>anyone else having problem as above, load in default a/c then>go into cockpit 2d mode then load beechjet 400a now it works>great! >>this is really a great a/c and thanks to eaglesoft for great>customer serviceWell, consider this:That "warning" was mentioned no less than three times in the "readme" that you were asked to read when installing the package... ")Our 400A is not unique in this regard, as many of the recent releases (both pay and free) are using highly advanced, custom gauge programming. This intergauge communication (needed to overcome FS2k2's limited command set) requires that all gauges be initialized when the a/c is first loaded. If you are in any view other than 2d cockpit, then this necessary gauge initialization cannot occur.BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/BLeaming.jpg

Hi Bill,I don

Staffan

That is always the safest way, but truthfully most of the a/c using default (read: lame) gauges will load just fine from any view. Only the heavily customized a/c with advanced gauge programming require a load into the 2d view. :)BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://mtco.com/~rsam/fartslogo.jpg

;-)I'll see what I can do.Regards,Marcel Burrchief programmer - easygaugebluesky software development

>;-)>I'll see what I can do.>>Regards,>Marcel BurrHi, Marcel! It seems a bit "odd" though, that even though all gauges are present on the VC, gauges apparently aren't initialized when loading the a/c in the 3d viewpoint... BTW, all of the gauges have been tested in FS:CoF and have been found to be 100% in compliance with the SDK, and fully "clickable" in the VC. :)BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://mtco.com/~rsam/fartslogo.jpg

>>Well, consider this:>>That "warning" was mentioned no less than three times>in the "readme" that you were asked to read when installing>the package... ")>>>Bill>AVSIM Ombudsman>Founder and Director,>Creative Recycling of Aircraft Parts>http://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/BLeaming.jpgmmm. you know i posted my reply as not to want any negative comments i made earlier to effect eaglsoft and the response i get back quite frankly is kinda disheartning, you make me feel real stupid with the above remark, im sorry at the time i didnt see a readme file, im sure i overlooked it, but you know, so i failed to read the readme, sue me!not nice to make paying customers feel stupidciao!Brian S

Ciao!

I have to agree Brian, seems to have done that a few times in the past few posts I have read on this subject. I have/ had no idea of loading the aircraft like this either, guess that makes me stupid as well. The most noted POSITIVE post I have read from an Eaglesoft member was Lonny in another post taking about the gauges and the limited programming options, thanks. I have yet to install this one, but frankly the responses I have been reading make me hesitant.Just my observation. Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW

Brian-I agree- seems like this ombudsman whatever is really a smart-alecky character. I wouldn

>>>>Well, consider this:>>>>That "warning" was mentioned no less than three times>>in the "readme" that you were asked to read when installing>>the package... " :)>mmm. you know i posted my reply as not to want any negative>comments i made earlier to effect eaglsoft and the response i>get back quite frankly is kinda disheartning, you make me feel>real stupid with the above remark, im sorry at the time i>didnt see a readme file, im sure i overlooked it, but you>know, so i failed to read the readme, sue me!>not nice to make paying customers feel stupidBrian,I'm sorry you don't understand what a "smilie" means. :( :)I was trying to make a point gently, I apologize since you obviously took it the wrong way.BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/fartslogo.jpg

>Brian->>I agree- seems like this ombudsman whatever is really a>smart-alecky character. I wouldn

Hi,When aircraft get this complex, FS seems to only want to load in certain configurations. There is another aircraft in beta testing from a big company that actually has a few more restrictions on loading than ours. Rest assured that all of us at Eaglesoft will do everything possible to make sure you have no trouble and enjoy the product. If you want to read some more about the package, please visit our support forum.ThanksLonnyhttp://forums.avsim.com/user_files/10854.jpg