Sign in to follow this  

Framerate problem with new Eaglesoft Beechjet...

I'd like to say this, you guys did a great job with this aircraft... The more I fly it the more I love it and the more this frame rate issue is glaring out at me. I hope we all can find out what's causeing the problem.Thanks Eaglesoft...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Bull $hit.I get vert poor FPS from the vmax747! ( about 10fps )when I fly the beechjet I get 20+ fps. She runs very well!My systemAthlon XP1800512 PC2700 DDRGF4 MMX440 with latest driversWindows XP Pro

Consider yourself blessed... Just because your getting good framerates doesn't mean it's the same for everyone else. Our statements and/or request to Eaglesoft is not BS, there facts which we hope will get addressed...

FS2020 

From what I can tell the framerate problem lies in the HSI unite...

FS2020 

Quote- "As Lonny said though, we will continue to look into the matter and see what might be done to bring some relief for each of you who've put your trust in our product."While youre on the subject of relief (and TRUST), can you please tell me where about 4 posts from yesterday went? Were they deemed inappropriate for the forums or did I miss something? These were 4 very important factors for customers to see and read regarding how they are treated when asking for support for your products. The 4 posts were here in this thread but POOF- gone!I was going to take a screenshot of it because I just KNEW something like this would happen- but I was tired and decided against it.

Avsim is getting terrible with this...

FS2020 

I apologize for not getting back with my research.... We had a grass fire a few steps from our subdivision yesterday, and I was thus distracted.What are the gauge names of the HSI units? And just to again qualify my observations, I don't have a fps hit per se' My issues seem to be a stutter caused by running out of memory, and getting hit with swap file activity. I am really stumped as to why 512Meg systems are having a problem.I think some of the folks with systems similar to ours are comparing apples to oranges when saying they've had no fps issues. One mentioned having an fps lock of 16. If I kept my system locked at 16, I wouldn't see an issue either. But I normally fly with a 25fps locked. I've kept AI off and Autogen off, as flight fidelity and smoothness is a bit more important to me than eye candy.Still, I think Eaglesoft's rapport with our community is excellent--if only by the fact that they have one, and even communicate with the community outside of their own support forums. Gauge programming is the toughest aspect of aircraft design, I think. Anything that's in code can get in a heap of trouble on different systems--or can run smooth as silk on others. So much depends on how the code interacts with all the things people don't tell you in posts, such as installed USB devices, graphics drivers, applets, TSR's, etc....One example--yesterday I went out and purchased a Canon A-70 digital camera. Although there were no icons in the taskbar, and no new tasks in the task manager, I became suspicious when I detected an odd stutter in FS's overall performance. I found a port scanning program loading through my registry--common with cameras. It was there to autodetect the camera and launch the software. I didn't feel I needed it, since the camera is TWAIN compliant. So I disabled it, and had no issues whatsoever, other than I launch the software, rather than letting the computer detect the camera and do it iself.My point is that the camera could be anything--it was throwing off FS's performance, and it was an issue that wasn't readily visible--even end-it-all did not catch the process. Imagine being Eaglesoft, and trying to juggle an issue like this? I think some people are reading surprise on their part as poor customer service. It's not...and I think they will have a solution in no time to help people enjoy the package...For the time being, I'm enjoying it by flying with a default FS panel. BTW, does anyone know how to turn off those dang callouts in the included panel? -John

>I think some people are reading surprise on their part as poor>customer service. It's not...and I think they will have a>solution in no time to help people enjoy the package...Thank you for saying that, John. That is absolutely correct! The hardest part of any "remote customer support" is that there are so many different factors (including, dare I say, cockpit error?) that can influence how performance may be adversely affected. If we had the ability to look over someone's shoulder, we'd be in a much better position to provide a solution.Having spent most of my early life working on all types of electronics, but most especially land mobile radio systems, I can tell you straight out that "intermittent problems" are the toughest nut to crack! It's darn near impossible to determine a "fix" for a problem that cannot be replicated at the investigation end.As a typical example, at least one person reports being unable to see the nav lights when looking out the window at the port wingtip. Yet, I look out the window and see them just fine! So begins the tedious process of having the customer check each of the most obvious things that might cause the problem their having. Usually, its a case of not having the number of lights available set to the maximum of eight. In other cases it might turn out that their video card won't support that many light effects at one time. There are seemingly an infinite number of variables...>For the time being, I'm enjoying it by flying with a default>FS panel. John, given the choice I'd rather fly a brick and use the panel. That's where a pilot spends most of his/her time anyway, and is the only part of any model that's unique.>BTW, does anyone know how to turn off those dang callouts in>the included panel? Have you considered clicking the VF off (turns off the First Officer)? The other buttons will disable other callouts such as GWPS, etc. Oh, but of course you cannot do that if you are not using the 400A's panel! :(BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/fartslogo.jpg

I'll try turning off the VF as you suggest Bill. May be interesting to see if that improves performance. But please don't be mad at me... Wanna know why I bought this jet? So I could plunk myself down in one of those cozy pax seats and enjoy the ride :) -John

>I'll try turning off the VF as you suggest Bill. May be>interesting to see if that improves performance. But please>don't be mad at me... >>Wanna know why I bought this jet? So I could plunk myself>down in one of those cozy pax seats and enjoy the ride :) In that case you'll really love the Premier I's "in flight" bar service! :)BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/fartslogo.jpg