Sign in to follow this  
Guest Larry_KMSO

Using GetRight with AVSIM library ftp server A Fix?

Guest Larry_KMSO

I have been having problems using GetRight v5.2c and up to download library files from AVSIM for sometime now. I read about the library disabling the LIST command but apparently that isn't the hangup that causes GetRight to fail. So I requested help from GetRight. Here FYI below is Shawn's response.Now (7/1/05) , with GetRight Version 5.2c, and after I changed usernames and passwords by re-registering at the library, it appears I can now use the download manager GetRight. Hope this works for you!Larry (now Larry-KMSO)----------------------from GetRight support----------------------Shawn from GetRight:I was able to download files through avsim.com

Guest Larry_KMSO

Another item FYIApparently the ftp username and password can be different for the site library.avsim.net as opposed to www.avsim.com. For example, somehow my username is Larry_KMSO in the avsim.com forums but Larry-KMSO when ftp'ing from the library. So if you can't get your password emailed to you, you might want to start all over and regrster at the library so that the username and password you supply to GetRight for use in FTPing from library.avsim.net are valid.Larry

Guest Larry_KMSO

Continuing this conversation with myself....Yes, the library username and password are different. Here's a snip that I found from a forum search :Larry------------------------------------------------------The library and forum logins are different.You have to register at the library in order to download. http://library.avsim.net/register.php -----

Guest Larry_KMSO

Another tidbit which appears to be important to successful operation of GetRight with avsim.com and library.avsim.net.In IExplorer, Tools, Internet Options,Security, Sites apparently must contain http://www.avsim.com and http://library.avsim.net.If this is missing, the download GetRight window does not pop up allowing you to tell GetRight to download the file later.Again NO CHECK by "Require server verification(https:) for all sites in this zone"I'm experiencing intermittent "login failures" with the ftp server at library.avsim.com. (Saturday July 2, 2005) But GetRight is mostly working! My working hypothesis reason for the "login is incorrect" failure is that I ran afoul of the two file maximum by somehow starting and resuming more than two download sequences from within GetRight but this is a guess. If the FTP server counted the files I had started and then stopped during testing, it might have concluded I was trying to download more than two at a time and denied access (Remember this is just a guess at this time).Larry

Guest Larry_KMSO

Nuts! It seems I'm back to square one and the "fix" from GetRight no longer works. I don't know what changed on the library end but something must have. Seems like GetRight is working one minute and not the next. Even though I just registered with a fresh login, the server is saying my "login is incorrect" then disconnects.If anyone has GetRight working, I'd appreciate knowing what the secret is. Larry 7/7/05