Sign in to follow this  

how to make a connection flight in fs2002?

hi all...how about to made a connection flight in the flight plan?for example.. i want to fly to bangkok but via singapore?could i use the flight plan so i just stop for a moment at changi(singapore) and take off again to don muang (bangkok)?

Guest ssurjap

As far as the flight planner in FS2002, you can't. It only accepts origin and destination.

just plan two seperate flights.

Guest allblack

One option is to make the full flight in the flight planner, and then click and drag the red line onto the airport that you want to stop at during the flight.This will direct you to the airport, but pretty much makes a meal of your IFR flight plan as it doesn't seem to 'reset' itself for the next half of the flight.Not great, but it is an option.Allblack

Guest Captain Barfbag

You can make 2 flight plans (prior to starting the flight) and then open the second plan after you've landed at the gate. But...you need to check the box in FSUIPC that says do NOT relocate the aircraft at the start of the flight plan. That way, you will start the second flight right where you ended the first.

thanks all...hope in the next version of flight simulator include this feature... because in the real flight... many aircraft had a connection flight at least once... and usually in the long distance...

Guest lmoelleb

They will file two seperate flight plans as well. FS2002 is handling this correct./Lars

Mav3rick,I use the FS2k2 onboard flightplanner and just did a short connecting flight. It was Las Vegas KLAS to Los Angeles KLAX with a stop in Palm Springs KPSP.When I created the flightplan, I dragged the red lines to waypoints that would conform with my wishes, and ran the flightplan through KPSP. During the flight, before I got to Palm Springs, I turned off the GPS navigation and landed normally, shut down the engines, even did a instant replay of the landing at KPSP. Restarted the engines, pushed back, took off and continued the flight. When I turned the GPS navigation back on, it picked up on the remainder of the flightplan, banked left and headed for KLAX. No hunting, no backtracking...don't think it could work much better than that.Give it a shot, I hear a lot of simmers raving about addon navigation systems, and I'm sure they work fine, but I've never really had any trouble with the one Microsoft provided.Tomorrow, maybe I'll try a longer flight with a couple of intermediate stops. No reason they shouldn't work just as well.Good luck and smooth flights,Bob