Sign in to follow this  
Guest Captain Barfbag

Overlays

Guest sfgiants13

I was able to get the flights to both airports and the times are correct. I noticed all of my traffic, is on the KSFO half of San Francisco. Gates A-D are only being used. The other lot of gates they have(E-G) are left untouched. How do I fix that? Also, there are not a lot of visable planes at the airports. To populate the airports with more planes, do I just select the aircraft, make a flight plan using AITM, and more traffic will appear? Also, how do I add aircraft to the aircraft.txt folder so I can use more than just the default planes for flight routes? In case everyone doesn't know, this is using the AITM freeware!

Guest Captain Barfbag

Step 1: This is a Traffic Tools issue, so you should post this over on the Traffic Tools forum. Next time. There are fewer people over there, so your questions won't get lost.Step 2: You probably have an overlay called 2SFO which contains "the other side" of the airport. You need to move some of your traffic there. AITM will allow you to move a percentage of your traffic, so that's the way to go.Step 3: If you "select the aircraft, make a flight plan with AITM" then more traffic WILL appear! It's really that simple. However, you really, really should also go out and get Traffic Tools and AFCAD by Lee Swordy. These are the basic programs that let you manipulate traffic and airports at the most basic level. In particular, read the manuals that come with these programs. They are among the best I've seen for ANYTHING, including multi-million-dollar military systems, and you get it for free. (Yes, I would vote for Lee Swordy if he appeared on American Idol.)Step 4: You need more aircraft. Adding them to aircraft.txt is not enough. You need to get some more planes and put them in the FS2002/Aircraft folder. For a start, I like the Aardvark aircraft for their low frame rates and ease of installation. Also, the file sizes tend to be small in case you're using dial-up.

Guest sfgiants13

Thanks a lot. I did move the 50 percent, and they still are only on one side of the airport. AITM also comes with the Traffic Tools decompliers. I've added planes and flight times, for instance, I have a horizon Dehavilland Dash 8, and it won't appear. I'm working on it right now. Where do I put aircraft I download like the Airbus? Do I just put it in the Boeing 737 aircraft.txt folder?

Guest Captain Barfbag

Lot's of questions, not such simple answers:New Aircraft - If you are downloading a "textures only" aircraft, then you need to copy the downloaded textures FOLDER (if it came with one) into the existing aircraft's folder in FS2002/AIRCRAFT. If it came with a just a bunch of BMP's, then you need to create a texture.xxx folder, where xxx is some code or other for that plane. The defaults used 1, 2, 3, but you can use anything you want, and you're not limited to 3 characters. Then you add a chunk of [flightsim.x] data to that aircraft's aircraft.cfg file. If you get a "complete" aircraft download, just put the whole folder into FS2002/AIRCRAFT.There are a lot of things you can do wrong here. I know, because I've done a lot of them wrong myself, but I'm sure you can find new ones.Look for help on the Traffic Tools forums.