Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

FFX/SGA users please read...

Due to technical difficulties, both FFX and SGA websites will be down for maintenance. No support help or emails answered for awhile, sorry. You will all be informed as to when the site(s) are back up.Thanks for your patience. :DMike

Well I'm going to be honest here. Sorry Mike...Apparently some individuals, most of which were non SGA and mind you, had good intentions, gave out a URL linking to 737-800 files on the SGA server. This URL was not suppose to be given out since the SGA website has a bandwidth limit. Well, becuase of some internal errors through the webhosting company, a certain feature that prevents the website from going over its bandwidth was disabled, allowing downloads to continue well past the limit. Becuase of this, myself/SGA is some $1,000 in debt to the hosting company for overunning the bandwidth limit by over 10GB.Right now the SGA site, FFX site, and anything else related to SGA/FFX including emails, files, and forums are gone indefinately. Hopeing for the best, everything will be mostly back to normal next month. However, right now things are looking very grim for SGA's present and future, including our upcoming payware and freeware projects.So for now and until SGA's fate is decided, SGA is gone. Our only corispondence will be through chat, secondary emails which will only be given out for important reasons, and through various FS forums. We will continue to make repaints of our various aircraft, uploading them to AVSIM and other sites as they're completed.For now, say a little prayer that we can strive through this and make it back.Best Regards,Jonathan Stewart

Guest Milio_B

That really sucks...The 737 series was just what the FS World needed...I just hope you'll be able to make it past this little misshap :(Anyways, thanx for everything you've given us so far! I'm really enjoying every single one of the planes!

I apologize--I was one of those who posted the link after I saw Erick's post--I thought that was the green light so to speak after I saw the post over at flightsim.com, since it was "out of the horse's mouth"From reading your post, if the error you describe was on the webhosting company's part, then you should not be obligated to pay a dime in the exceeded bandwidth. Research every coorespondence you have with them--as you may be able to easily prove that such an issue was their fault. Your site could just as easily been hit with a DOS attack--it is their job to protect you with bandwidth tools.And to others, the '800 series is now here in Avsim's file library...-John

Don't worry about it John. I can't get mad at someone who had good intentions, and you did.I infact did start an inquiry into the possibility you mentions, and so far, have a strong case for it. However, that could take months to finally solve. Hopefully it'll go fast, but you never know.I've considered the possibility of a DOS attack as there certainly are some elements that point to it, however, in my quick attempt to get the server offline to prevent further bandwidth, the area where such proof would be kept was deleted as a standard pactice when suspending an account. However, the company may keep backups of such records for other reasons. I'll hopefully know more tomorrow, along with a clearer view of SGA's fate.Best Regards,Jonathan Stewart

Well I just got off the phone with my webhosting company. While I ran around in circles for a half hour with the person on the other end (typical), I managed to get in contact with a supivisor, which is going to start a case study on what happened. She said that I would be hearing back from the department that handles that within 48 hours. So, I'll pretty much know the outcome of SGA within 48 hours.On the good side of things, I'll be able to re-insate the account for the rest of this month. Hopefully by next month this dispute will have been worked out.Best Regards,Jonathan Stewart

Since the problem may be long term, how about uploading all the 37's to avsim ?Regards, Greg

Guest Toni Rauch

All the 737's HAVE been uploaded to Avsim, or at least the -800's have.They're in the library.Be sure to also download the sound set - very atmospheric, especially in the cockpit.Toni.

It will not be long term and we will not be shutting down. The other projects will be released as soon as we recover all our data and files. We got some things to rebuild and should be back up in a week. You've waited this long, a few more days won't hurt. You'll survive. :DMike

Guest Toni Rauch

Greg<....But the -300/400/500 have not been uploaded and could be....>As far as I know, the 300/400/500 series haven't been released yet.Toni.

Guest JDH

The sound set is very good externally, but internally it is too loud and drowns out all ATC comms. I have tried adjusting sound settings with no effect. What is that deafening roar inside?As for the website, good luck and I hope it gets sorted out. The FFX 737s are the best additions around at the moment and my favourite airliner to fly!! :)

The 300/400/500 aren't released yet--I believe Eric released the '800 as a teaser for what's to come.... Nice teaser it is, too :)-John