Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

FFX/SGA users please read...

Guest ChrisTrott

WIND....:)I tell ya, real 737NG pilot's don't take the plane much above .82 mach because beyond that, the sucker is REALLY noisy up front. I've heard a couple of captains talking on the radio with ATC and you can hear the noise over the radio, and they're usually also asking for a repeat of the last from ATC because of the noise. :)

Guest FS_freak

I think the sound issue should be cleared up. AFAIK the same thing happened with a previous MD80 release by SGA/FFX, something about a volume setting on the sound config. Well I went to the config for the 738 and found a "wind" section that defaults max volume at 320kts all the way up to 200000. I tried bringing it down as far as 6000 but the wind sound is still there and totally extinguishes ATC. I conclude then that the original wav is way to loud.I still haven't found a way to bring down the volume of a wav file using Windows Media Player so I ended up going to the sound settings tab in FS2K2 and turned off the "environment" slider. Sure enough the wind sound disappeared completely. So for now the solution seems to be bringing that slider as far down as you can so you don't lose the wind sound (which in fact is very realistic) but instead you set it at an acceptable volume level. The down side is that this will change the sound settings that work so well with other aircraft, which will eventually lead you to have to tweak your sound settings every time you switch to another aircraft from the 738.I am sure a knowledgable sound editor would shed some more light on the subject. Anyone?Mauricio