Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest MParker873

RFP - Strange Beeping during taxi/takeoff/landing

I have been using ready for pushback for a while now and love the complexity of it. However there is one thing bugging me. Whenever i go to taxi and I open the throttles more than around 15% i get this beeping noise. This happend during taxi, take-off (as soon as airborne it stops) and as soon as I touch down it starts again untill I close the throttles fully. Only to start again when i open them for taxi to ramp. Can anyone shed any light on what button i need to set to stop this as it is driving me crazy.Many thanks,Matt

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi MattIt sounds like your takeoff warning horn.Make sure when you taxi you have takeoff flaps set 10 or 20 and the trim is in the takeoff position (about 7.0) also your speedbrakes are fully retracted. Go to an outside view and check the speedbrake/spoilers are flat on the top of the wings. If one side is up, your joystick may need calibrating as its putting a slight aileron input.If your flaps are at takeoff, trim set, speedbrakes down and brakes released you should not get the warning horn on the takeoff roll.Also don't forget to turn on both the ADP and EDP Hydraulic pumps after engine start and turn on the Generator Breakers for each generator :( Glen

It was the trim!I realised i am running diffrent joystick than i was previously. When i frst started using RFP when it first came out i got this beebing and it stopped when i lowered the flaps, as i used to set flaps after taxi but before take off. I set the trip ti 7.5 and perfect. Many thanks for your help.Matt