Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tony_A

FS9/COF - What I am REALLY looking for!

I would like to see a terminal selection of available terminals, Ga Parking and Cargo where its offered. So if your flight has you arriving into Boston Logans you would have these options:Terminal A (I know its under repairs but will be rebuilt soon although from one screenshot of 2004 in BOS it did look like there was no Terminal A)Terminal BTerminal CTerminal DTerminal EGA parking NorthGA parking SouthCargoNever being offered an actual spot like a gate or GA parking spot but just an area. That way a cessna wont be getting told to park at a gate or a Cargo plane can go to the Cargo area. Kilstorm

George,It was not meant for you but for the itemized list of 77 wishes below yours.

Eric 

Darn Kilstorm- that a heck of a list. I think I am going to copy and save that one. Great job.Robb

No offence taken John. This list that I have has been sent to MS from time to time however, during an interview with MS it was stated that they do read these forums. Intstead of email MS this late into this version which they already have received I would prefer to throw out this list on occassion to fellow simmers to get feedback as to what others think. In my list I do not say that these are must or I wont buy nor am I speaking for anyone more than myself. However, I added the whole international suggestions from a reply to this list once as well as the sea plane ideas. If by chance a high amount of simmers agree with by replying to this list once and awhile then theres a good chance MS will do what they did for this version and consider including items that have been found to have generated a high postive response. I got to take a lot of items off this list after reading and seeing the new features coming out in COF. Additionally this list might also spark a 3rd party designer to take it upon him/her self and to their own financial advantage and produce software that has generated an interest at MS desire not to include. Saving a draft of one or one thousand suggestions is just a simple click on the computer. Its not like I got it framed in gold surrounded by candles or something. As a voice we spoke of the things that we felt were a must need to make 2002 a better sim and MS seems to have made a great effort to give us those items. Weather being a big one. So now we have a new weather engine with a good amount of eyecandy so how about considering items that make the next sim closer to the needs of real flight like PCL, FSS, and ATC that have bad days. Anytime I hear a suggestion that I havent thought about I add it to the list. Good thing is I've found that I dont add so much anymore and have taken away alot with the CoF features listed.Kilstorm

Funny how some poeple think that if the next version doesnt have an obseen amount of new features its considered a patch.Kil~

Guest cast1010

>Funny how some poeple think that if the next version doesnt>have an obseen amount of new features its considered a patch.>>Kil~Yeah, it's funny. In the mean time I will enjoy a lot this NEW FS2004 as I have enjoyed each one of the sims since ATP Simulator.Carlos.

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

IMHO that looong list that was published in this thread is very well done and helpfull.John, I think you got me wrong. I am not against anyone posting wish lists. On the contrary, from wish lists we can learn if any of the subjects have been addressed or not. All I said is that my own original post was more of a questioner and not a wish list.The improved weather system is enough for me to upgrade to FS2004.MS marketing are publishing a number of key-points of each version in order to attrack clients. Those published are not all the features. They are selected from a long list so that they can have the best influence on as many potential clients as possible.What I am looking for is what Tom does... An insider view of some other fixes and/or improvements made in each version. I know it may be still too early and the beta testers are still under NDA so I count on AVSIM for the best possible preview.Even a slight improvement like, for example, the slats are now operating in correct sequence with the flaps, would be great. I fly MSFS since version 3, so expecting each new version is thrilling.George DorkofikisAthens, Greece

Guest Macs

Guys Dont get me wrong,I'm all for the lists. But I reckon keeping them shorter and more concise will probably get them noticed more. M$ have a lot of forums to get through,Posting a huge list-no matter how feasible will probably result in m$ not seeing the key points you're trying to make.My Wish list?Ground friction enabledPerhaps providing ways for Vatsim/IVAO etc intergration(black box feature)a few other things,but it looks like M$ got a few of these "little things" already in the next version ;)RegardsJohnhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk 650Hours ;)P 2.53 GHZ512 RAMWINXPGFORCE 4 128MB Ti4600http://vatsim.pilotmedia.fi/statusindicato...tor=OD1&a=a.jpg

Guest Tony_A

Well guys, they recon it took God 7 days and nights to create the World and all its creatures (pretty good effort, I think) and I know that MS isn't God, so whatever MS puts out that improves on FS2K2 I will most probably buy and use. Whatever it turns out to be will be the result of a long period of testing and experimetation by MS. These guys aren't fools, they are in it for the money and have most certainly been monitoring the feedback from all the forums. What I like most about the FS is, these forums and the people who spend endless hours producing and distributing their contributions of new aircraft, aircraft repaints, scenery, panels, gauges, etc. and, probably more importantly, the people who have the knowledge and ability to produce and distribute the programs that make it possible for the rest of us to try our hand at a repaint or scenery file. Whatever MS has produced and is about to distribute, I will probably be "blown away" by, but I am sure that in 6 to 12 months time, I will be bloody-well amazed by some of the stuff put out by these unsung heroes. ............... Tony