Sign in to follow this  
Guest sgerfen

Weather.dll error

Guest sgerfen

FS9 goes to black screen in middle of flight and this is the error message I'm getting. Anybody know what might be causing it. Happens on a flight from KBOS to KJFK always at the same point?

FS9 goes to black screen in middle of flight and this is the error message I'm getting. Anybody know what might be causing it. Happens on a flight from KBOS to KJFK always at the same point?
I used to have terrible problems with the missing "Weather.dll" error report, particularly when attempting to close FS 2004 down, (It would always insist on restarting!).It was cured with an un-install and reinstall of FS 2004, (having saved all my add-ons etc, first)...;)...!Note: "Weather.dll" is a general Microsoft instruction...and nothing to do with FS 2004 Clouds!....LOL..... :( !sPaul...G-BPLF...FS 2004..FS Navigator.... :( ..!

sgerfen,Are you using the MFS default online weather dowload function?If so, then there could be your problem. I guess there is a bug in this system.Years ago I tried to fly with online weather and got this error regularly.All I can say is to recommend using an external weather application.Of course it will give you many more advantages than just getting rid of this error.Invest in AvticeSky if you haven't yet, though there are some free options too.If the error shows in conditions other than downloading WX data, then I don't know how to help you.Best regards,

Guest sgerfen

I had made some changes in the FSUIPC module, but changed back and that has eliminated the problem. Who knows? Thanks for the input.