Sign in to follow this  
MarkRey

PAI packages question

I know this would be better suited in the PAI forum but I can't register there for some reason.Does anyone know which of the PAI packages also include the real world flight plans from mostrealisticai as opposed to fictional ones, or a way of identifying them?Thanks in advance for any help.

Far as I know PAI only uses realworld flightplans - whether mostrealisic ai or not I don't know, but no fictional ones.Regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

I hope this is not changing the subject too much but what will PAI traffic give me? Is it just more of the AI planes or does it add real airline liveries? How are FPS affected? Thanks.Pat Callaghan

Pat Callaghan
AMD FX-8350 4.0ghz. Asus M5A97 MB
16gig Crucial DDR3 ram, Radeon HD-7970 Video
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit

Hi Pat,PAI endeavours to replace default (ugh) ai with realworld models, liveries and flight schedules - its an ongoing process with new packages being added as they are completed.fps really depends on your setup (like everything else in fs) but the a/c are low polygon gmax and the VAST majority of us are very happy with PAI.I would not hesitate to encourage anyone to take the PAI plunge - the reality factor added to fs by having realworld airlines is beyond description - and the ease of installation of the packages is a real pleasure - very professionally done freeware indeed.Regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

Mark, Thanks for the reply. I went ahead & installed a few of the airlines that fly around my neck of the woods.(KPDX) Do I need to turn up my AI? I have it around 50% right now. Thanks.Pat

Pat Callaghan
AMD FX-8350 4.0ghz. Asus M5A97 MB
16gig Crucial DDR3 ram, Radeon HD-7970 Video
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit

To see all the PAI traffic (like anything else) you need AI set at 100%.I'm puzzled now. mostrealistcai has flight plans for Continental that are thousands higher in number than what I have in at the moment from the PAI package? If all PAI's stuff is real world, that shouldnt be the case should it?

I know some of them contain the flightplans, just not which ones - hence the question.

The latest ones which contain the latest plans are Spirit Airlines.FinnairAir CanadaDelta Airlines, different packages..different liveries really..same plans but one is a deluxe version with more paintschemed planes.There are others but they will probably have the winter schedules from MRAI and not the latest Spring or summer ones. The above ones should have the latest plans.When you run the installer if you can see the Most Realistic banner on the screen somewhere when you open up a PAI file then thats normally got the most realistic plans in but they could be the older ones from last year. The Continental ones are MRAI plans also but it might have been becuase maybe the continental ones from MRAI included the ATRs and the smaller domestic planes where the continental plans in the Project AI Package might have just had the 737,757s,767,777s etc so the flightplan.txt might have been alot smaller. If you mean about the thousands higher being the AC# number part of the plans that is because MRAI and Project AI use different numbering systems. The AC# just helps FS2002 work out what plane from your aircraft folder is doing which flight in the flightplans.txt. So a higher number doesnt necessarily mean that theres more planes. You might want to have a look at Ultimate traffic which Flight1 are releasing soon if you are into adding and playing with AI traffic. Could be the programme you are looking for.More info on that at the project AI website in the Message board forum in the Ultimate Traffic section.Hope that helps just abit.Craig Kiltie

>The latest ones which contain the latest plans are >>Spirit Airlines.>Finnair>Air Canada>Delta Airlines, different packages..different liveries>really..same plans but one is a deluxe version with more>paintschemed planes.>>>There are others but they will probably have the winter>schedules from MRAI and not the latest Spring or summer ones.>The above ones should have the latest plans.>>When you run the installer if you can see the Most Realistic>banner on the screen somewhere when you open up a PAI file>then thats normally got the most realistic plans in but they>could be the older ones from last year. >>The Continental ones are MRAI plans also but it might have>been becuase maybe the continental ones from MRAI included the>ATRs and the smaller domestic planes where the continental>plans in the Project AI Package might have just had the>737,757s,767,777s etc so the flightplan.txt might have been>alot smaller. >>If you mean about the thousands higher being the AC# number>part of the plans that is because MRAI and Project AI use>different numbering systems. The AC# just helps FS2002 work>out what plane from your aircraft folder is doing which flight>in the flightplans.txt. So a higher number doesnt necessarily>mean that theres more planes. >>You might want to have a look at Ultimate traffic which>Flight1 are releasing soon if you are into adding and playing>with AI traffic. Could be the programme you are looking for.>More info on that at the project AI website in the Message>board forum in the Ultimate Traffic section.>>Hope that helps just abit.>>Craig Kiltie>Craig - that helps a lot. Thanks ever so much. :)

Pat,VERY important! - forgot completely - you also need to download new AFCAD files for your most frequented airports - by default fs just does'nt have enough gates for the density of traffic that PAI adds - hence you can end up with disappearing a/c, few on the ground, etcIn addition, a little 'trick' I use is to decompile my traffic.bgl with ttools, open up 'flightplans.txt', and change the percentage figure for my favourite airlines to some very low figure. This enables me to see all my favourites without having to crank traffic up to 100% - which, depending on your system, can be a strain.For me this was easy, because Air Jamaica doesnt exactly have a large fleet and worldwide schedules :)If your favourites are American or BA or Quantas...Maybe AI Traffic Mover can do that on a large scale - never really explored that utility's full capabilities.Hope this helps and don't hesitate if you need any further help - PAI can be a 'Pandora's Box' in a good sense :) - the more you get the more you want to tweak...Regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark