Sign in to follow this  
Guest Joshieca

FS 2004 Strategy Guide "Expert Aircraft Tips" Survey

Hi!My name is Doug Radcliffe and I am co-authoring the official Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight strategy guide. One of our goals for the guide was to get the "gamer's voice" involved with a large community section as well as polling savvy players about some anecdotes or interesting tips they might have and want to personalize and share.First off, you're given full credit for any tip submitted. Your name (or whatever name you wish) will appear inside the tip box with your tip. Your name will also appear in the acknowledgements section of the book. The FS 2004 testers also submitted some for the guide.Right now we're concentrating on aircraft tips, such as the modern aircraft included in the game. So my question to you is do you have any personal tidbit, tactic, tip, anecdote about the modern aircraft (not add-on). Tips are between 50-200 words each. Instead of replying to this message, email your tip to phod@bellsouth.net. (Though I will be monitoring this thread).If you have any questions or need an example of a tip, don't hesitate to email me at phod@bellsouth.net.Thanks very much!Doug Radcliffephod@bellsouth.net

Guest ba747heavy

>So where's the beta copy, Doug! Bit tricky to review it>without having it, LOL!Is that a tip? ;-) :-lol

Guest JonP01

Yeh well as Mark intimates, we'd all be dying to help - if we could :-lol

The same post turned up at Simviation.com about a month ago.The major difference in that one was that "Doug" claimed to have polled most of the beta-testers about this project he's doing, although he never responded to the enquiry about how he got around the N.D.A. to find out who they were..Something he's shrewdly left out of this one.

Nothing like waiting 'til the last minute is there? Work better under pressure? Don't have all the ducks quite lined up yet? Need a little more material for the galley proof? Send me a beta copy and I'll send you some tips. Sounds to me like you're just another guy trying to make a buck off the backs of the folks who really make this hobby work. If you don't have enough experience and/or background to do the job maybe you shouldn't have taken it in the first place. Trip

Guest JonP01

>The same post turned up at Simviation.com about a month ago.>>The major difference in that one was that "Doug" claimed to>have polled most of the beta-testers about this project he's>doing, although he never responded to the enquiry about how he>got around the N.D.A. to find out who they were..>>Something he's shrewdly left out of this one.>>He must be using the "splatter-gun" approach :-lol In any case I find Avsim far more useful for getting the most out of FS than a book, one advantage being that the info at Avsim never stops evolving. Unlike a book where you've got to put it out at some time or another.

Guest Toni Rauch

MarkWhat make you think he's got a copy? You've got to be a serious 'simmer' to be on that Beta mailing list! :D Toni.

Guest Id Rather Be Flying

"Sounds to me like you're just another guy trying to make a buck off the backs of the folks who really make this hobby work. If you don't have enough experience and/or background to do the job maybe you shouldn't have taken it in the first place."UNFORTUNATELY, anyone of us who have had a job working for anyone in corporate America can say that describes our relationship to most.

Guest Joshieca

I bought this same guide for FS2002, biggest waste of money yet...lets hope he gets some tips to make the FS2004 one better...cuz the last one, was really bad.