Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Improving Eaglesoft Beechjet FPS...

Here is a little test I ran on my machine because I was having serious frame rate issues. This may or may not work for you if, but it might be worth a shot if you are interested in picking up some performance without loosing a lot of detail.Under the panel.cfg open it up, and go down to the VC area.I edited the numbers of the pixel size. I cut these numbers in half.For example:[Vcockpit01]file=vc_left.bmp Background_color=0,0,0 size_mm=1024,1024visible=0render_3d_window=1pixel_size=512,512 <------ This number was 1024,1024texture=$vc_leftI did the same for the rest of the [Vcockpit02,03,etc].By cutting all the pixel_size numbers in half, I was able to increase my frame rates by half. (Example: 1024=512, 512=256, 256=128)I hope this helps everyone out having pour FPS issues. It sure has made this aircraft more fun for me! This technique may work for other aircraft having the same issues.Always back up your original panel.cfg incase it doesn't work for you.

I will...Last I heard eaglesoft forum was down. Plus, this is where I saw others posting their issues.Just trying to be helpful....

Please try again....all lines are opened.....And your suggestion....didnt make a difference on my machine.

Well like I said it may or may not make a difference for everyone. It helped my situation, and it just might work for someone else. Every machine is different.Like I said just trying to help. Oh well...

Guest racartron

I just went through this exercise and got mixed results. I had posted the thread over at LAGO as it involved their tTwotter (Twin Otter). Here is my post on the subject.------------------------In a recent thread, Shaun suggested to a guy with Twotter lockup issues to change the "pixel=1024,1024" lines in the panel.cfg files to 512,512. He said it had been identified as an issue with the Twotter(VC panel load times) and had worked before. When I asked if it would help other complex VC models, he wasn't sure but we agreed it was worth a try.I had mixed and inconsistent results. Some VC load times improved a lot, some marginally and some not at all. Also some gauge sharpness was lost but not in every case.I'd suggest you try it and see if the results are acceptable to you. I wound up only modifying two or three birds.BTW, there can be anywhere from one to four such VC panels in a bird with the larger pixel readings. Again this will vary. I had one with a 1024, 512, AND a 256 entry. So nothing is consistent.I wouldn't spend too much time on it unless you have some really bad VC load times.----------------------------Hope this is of some value guys.racartronit means something, but I just can't remember what

You just helped me solve some of my Ready For Pushback issues with this tip. Anyway your suggestion is the best right now to boost up frames without loseing total quality in the VC cockpit. I think Eaglesoft needs to look at their HSI unite. From what I can tell that's the framerate hog...Thanks again.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I am glad I was finally able to help someone. Once I did this little edit, I was able to really enjoy the Beechjet, which really is a fun little corp jet....

I copied your comments on the Eaglesoft forum, maybe this will be something that helps them solve the problem... I have a blurry panel now but at least it's flyable..Thanks again....

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2