Sign in to follow this  
Guest WorkingStiff

Does this exist in real life?

Guest WorkingStiff

Approaching Emma Field on approximately the 258 radial from the SEA VOR at approximately N47* 27.85' W123* 4.99' there are two waterfalls.I am aware that Emma Field does not exist but are those two waterfalls there in real-life or are they a feature of Emma Field?

Guest WorkingStiff

Thank you Francois.I never knew bush flying could be so much fun. After years of flying 767 PIC I'm trying to master flying the approach to Emma Field with the Dreamfleet Piper Archer II....its very confusing without an FMC :-) Even with the waterfalls as a landmark I still get disoriented.

Guest WorkingStiff

Aidi, thanks for pointing me to your review. I agree; this scenery is spectacular. Just yesterday I flew in to KEWL and got there just in time for a very noisy barbeque. :-)Its great just to let the time elapse for a few hours and watch all the various activities. I haven't explored Cushman field yet, I'm still trying to get acquainted with the approach to KEWL without using the approach arrows.

Guest Stephan

Actually it's not really bush flying but ordinary VFR flying with visual approaches and pilots learn it before they're entrusted the heavy machinery with FMCs ;-)

Guest WorkingStiff

True... :-)Its not that I don't know how to fly VFR...its been a while since I last did and for the past few years I've simmed mainly with 767 PIC. Recently I've decided to go back to single engines and explore much of the great scenery packages out there.

Is "KEWL" the real code? Coincidental if so...LOL

Guest IanP

It's a totally fictitious airport, I'm afraid... The choice of (equally fictitious) code was rather good though. :-hah(So's the scenery, I have to admit...)Ian P.:-halo

Guest WorkingStiff

When you realize how much care and creativity went into making this scenery you'd see that naming it "KEWL" is hardly a coincidence. It is really "cool" scenery.