Sign in to follow this  
Guest Paul_W

New FS2004 Screenshots

Guest mikehaska

The orange "Soar Airlines" 744 looks suspiciously like Braniff's Flying Pumpkin, no? They even have the yellow cheatline running down the vertical stabilizer...Edit: And that Pacifica looks exactly like the old Maresk Airlines, right? ;-)

You are right those are new. I notice they have made a GREAT effort to recreate some very important airports. I saw DFW,DEN,JFK in great detail for the defaults on top of the already much improved atmosphere I think we are in for a hell of a sim if they can optimze the code for so we can get a exceptable level of detail and performance with 3rd party addons . I would be happy if I can get the same performance and detail level I use right now with FS2k2 in FS2k4. It's not likely going to happen though :/ Those images are really impressive espically the 747 going into the sunset Capt.Richard Dillon (KATL)www.jetstarairlines.comhttp://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg"Lets Roll" 9/11 -----------------------Specs AMD 2400 XP MSI KTV4 768MB DDR 2100Asus GF4 ti 4200 128MBSB Audigy Gamer Ch Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows XP pro SP1a

Guest DaveKDEN

Looks like a great rendition of KDEN in a couple of shots. Great heads up!

hi,In one of the shots of the 737 after take off you can see MS has changed the landing light color, i think it looks more realistic now rather than having that bright white we have now. I do remember however that the color of the landing light is directly connected to the color of a certain runway light texture. I think its the Halo.bmp texture that changes the color of the runway lights but also changes the color of the landing lights.Andrew

Truly amazing looking screens :-jumpy Can't wait for FS2004ThanksMatthew

hi, shot number one of the 744 at cruise altitude with the contrails looks great and shows off the realistic sky color at high altitudes, looks really good. Also shot number 9 from left to right second row of the 744 at either dawn or sunset looks great, nice gradual change in sky color much better than what we have now in fs2002.Andrew

...and I can see MIA as well. Heard PHX too. Us scenery designers will be rendered redundant soon...:( Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Guest Ian Ritchie

I hope they haven't totally stuffed New Zealand up this time.

Guest Id Rather Be Flying

:-eek WOW This pic here: _www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimulator/img/screens1/ss16.jpg_I have BEEN in that picture before! The atmosphere & lighting looks very similar to morning flights I have taken in a 172 in CT.

Guest Pabra

I think it's a great honor ms included schiphol airport (amsterdam)as detailed airport! It's a small country after all.Also noticed windmills and power masts combined with new ground textures; vfr heaven? Not bad for a patch :-)Paul from holland.

small country, BIG airport :))its great we have it

Is that the airport with the water around the interstae? I'm trying to figure out which airport that is. Can make out DEN.Kilstorm

Guest RiddlePilot

I SEE TAXIWAY SIGNS!!! :D