Sign in to follow this  
Guest MiguelSantos

Whats wrong with Aerosoft?

I found out on the 19th that Aerosofts Eurowings ATR42/72 standalone package was available. Without thinking twice I downloaded the package (70 Mb!) and ran it. They use Flight1 E-Commerce program that works fine (I have the Meridian, the C421, the Beechjet 400A, DF 737-400, etc. and they all use the same installation program!). The transaction could not be completed because the price on the program was 0.00USD! I emailed Aerosoft and the next day I got a mail saying the corrected version was now online. I downloaded the package again (another 70 Mb) and this time all went well, paid the 20.00USD and installed the product. As soon as I chose one of the ATRs I got an error message saying "Licence key not found or invalid" and although the plane loaded, nothing worked (instruments, FMC, nothing!). Thinking it could be an error with the installation, I uninstalled and tried to install it again. As soon as the installation program started I got a new error message "Severe: File not found 115". #####?A new email to Aerosoft confirmed that there was a problem with the files in the package and "we will send you a correction file as soon as possible..." was the reply I got. Maybe they put it online a bit to soon? Today while visiting their site I discovered the package is "not available for download at this time", it no longer costs 20.00USD but 25.00USD and it

Regards,

Hugo Bravo

LPPT

Guest jeffg

I had the same problem and tried to email them and kept having the email's returned unable to delivered.I am in Florida so this a.m. I called Areosoft in Germany and their tech support dept said they know of the problem and its with the panel designer now.They have no idea how long its going to take.I am wondering what happened to beta testing? JeffG

No doubt the plane looks nice and flies nice and there's a preview mentioning improvements from the one in the EWPro package, but 25$ for an ATR with a Dreamfleet 737-400 FMC is a bit on the steep side.Mike

Guest Terblanche

Even more absurd is the fact that if you

Guest jeffg

I could not find a fmc,and its not popping up or under the views menus. JeffG

Terblanche,that's not completely correct. For whatever reason the regular EWPro customers will get the upgrade sometime after the FS2004 release. It shall not be for free, but I have no idea about the price.Mike

Guest Terblanche

MikeOkay - you've managed to make me 'feelgood' for a moment. Then we will be patient to see what happens after FS2004 ... although why must loyal customers wait until then, should they not be the first to experience the 'upgrade' ...?Still feeling good thoughT

T,>> although why must loyal customers wait until then, should they not be the first to experience the 'upgrade' Good question. Maybe there are other improvements ? I heard the upgrade will not be able via download, so one has to send the original CD to Aerosoft and get the new one back. Sigh, that adds unnecessary shipping costs, don't know why they have to make that so complicated.Mike

Guest MiguelSantos

Hi,Try to click on the bottom of the panel, over what it should be the FMC location, and it should open itBest regards,Miguel