Sign in to follow this  

Replacement E-Mail Address

Technically, this is a software question that is related to MSFS, so I hope this is the right forum. If not please tell me so I know where my message goes to if you move it.I want to install MSFS on my new computer, but the Number 3 CD I have is badly worn and it won't install past the NewYork.cab file or whatever. I've searched the microsoft wbsite for hours looking for one single lousy e-mail address to inquire about repalcing it, but I can't find it. Does anyone have a direct e-mail link they can provide me with so I can ask for a new #3 CD to be sent to me? Thanx in advance,Zach

bump..it'd be nice to fly MSFS again :)

If u can get your hands on a CD burner then try this. See if u can copy the Newyork.cab file to your hard disk,put in a new folder and name the folder whatever u want. Sometimes the file will copy and not install.If u can get this far - then copy all of the other files from CD3 to the same folder. Then burn all the files to a CD from the folder. This will give u a new CD3 disc - can but try.Denis near EGCC.

Guest WorkingStiff

You may not need a replacement disk after all or even burn it to another disk.First, simply wash the CD with soap and water...dishwashing liquid works well for this, then dry with a paper towel. Be careful not to scratch the surface of the CD.Then copy all three disks to your hard drive...make three folders and name them Disk 1, Disk 2 and Disk 3...and copy all the files from each disk to the appropriate folder....it takes about 1.2 GB of space....and run the installation routine from your hard drive. After installation you can delete the three folders you created....I have a faulty disk 2 and this method works for me everytime.

Thanks guys, I'm trying both. The second suggestion seems to be working so far...thanks sooooo much for helping me out. I'll post some pics of what you guys helped me get back :)Zach

it works fine up until it prompts for NewYork.cab to copy...dammit...would you send me the NewYork.cab file through e-mail and when it asks to override it, I'll say no and maybe it'll move on. Sound like an idea???My e-mail's skankman@attbi.com