Sign in to follow this  

Monster Review

Is it me or is this the first time that MS has allowed for a press issue to be reviewed an written on. I remember last version we got screenshots from souces that were not approved from MS as well as some inside info. But for this new release MS is allowing for an outside party or more to review and write about the new sim. This allows for those who are very much part of this fourm and are users to this site to provide input as to our questions or interest that could shed some insight of the new sim.So in knowing this it would be nice to express to those who are making this review to hear what questions or interest we have in the new sim in hopes that it doesnt go unmentioned in this Monster Review.I purpose that anyone interested reply to this thread with items that they feel would be great if covered in the up coming review. 1) I'm very interested in how the new ATC handles seperation of AC inbound to land compared to FS2K2.2) I would like to hear about the use of multiple runways and if we can expect departing and arriving on parallels.3) I would like to hear about the weight and balance and all the load options we now have including if we can load a plane out of CG.4) Screenshots of some of the new options we have on the ATC prompt would be nice.5) A good review on the AI and new habits they've seen like if they now can fly the pattern and do touch and gos.6) Night lighting.7) How well the interactive VC works.Kilstorm

None of my flying is done with the default ATC so that feature does not bother *me*.However there are two things I hope they have fixed.1) Correct time zones round the world2)Correct levels of lighting round the World for different times of the year. For example in the UK at certain times of the year you would think we are up round the Artic circle, the amount of daylight hours is so low!

But you are up near the Arctic circle, Vulcan!Sorry! Wink!Peter Sydney Australia

hi,Yes, in depth information regarding all aspects of the improved atc system and the all new weather engine would be very greatly appreciated.AndrewPS. more than anything else I am also especially interested in how atc handles approach seperation and if we still get constant go arounds. Id also like to know how the AI handles, do they still take a day and a half to get off the freakin runway? Do they still make crazy approaches Ive seen some who dive for the runway like a fighter and then miss and land in the terminal, (Ive seen it really) :-roll

>But you are up near the Arctic circle, Vulcan!>Sorry! Wink!>Peter Sydney AustraliaCompared to you Peter, I agree we are :-lol

Guest edrutl

I'm not involved in the current FS2004 review :-hmmm , but I wrote the ATC portion for the AVSIM (mini monster) FS2002 review. The review was broken into daily reviews with an entire review for the ATC portion. I think I was pretty objective about the shortcommings (and good points) of FS ATC. I imagine whoever got the assignment for FS2004 is spending a huge amount of time detailing the advances (or hopefully not lack of) advancements in ATC that answers every question you had.As proud we were of the FS2002 review, I'm sure the FS2004 will be even better.Ed RutledgeContributing Reviewer AVSIM Online

Knowing some of the people on the team that reviews FS2004/COF and knowing our internal standards for reviews I believe it's a fair assumption to say that literally hundreds of hours will be poured into the review and I think the whole community will be in for a real treat, but please understand this:FS2004 is a very complex simulation and it's nearly impossible for the reviewers to check and evaluate 100% of the included features, problems or simmers questions regarding the sim. Don't forget much we know about FS2002 and how it works some of the problems and how to tweak it properly has only emerged months after it's release.I am sure the team will do a fantastic job, judging the resources dedicated to the monster review, and, helas, I don't even know all the resources commited :)Happy flyingRalph HummelStaff ReviewerAVSIM Online

just when can we expect this (p)review? days? weeks?

I am not a good person to answer that question since I am not on the team myself (busy working on a score of other reviews at the moment), but I know that some members that are on the team have received their review copies and some are still waiting for them to arrive, so I would think it'll be at least a couple of weeks, because don't forget that the contributions of the many reviewers working on the review need to be fitted together and edited before it can be posted to the website.Happy flyingRalph HummelStaff ReviewerAVSIM Online