Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

$44.90 for VAPORWARE

Guest juan_v

Hi all especially the staffI ordered the Flight Deck Companion from the AVSIM Store (support for AVSIM), I received the software (vaporware), like always checked the package for damage, then proceded to open the package then removed the wrap paper from the plastic case and opened ..............SURPRISE, MIRACLE, SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!in front of my eyes for the first time in my life I stared at whatmany in this forums refer to "vaporware"; the plastic case was empty, no CD no written material (if there is any), surelly full of AIR!!! I have send e-mails to Arant and vmax@simpilot.com but no oneanswers. I hope someone in the AVSIM staff would help me in at leastgetting the software CD. Reason I posted here is simple, I did a search for AVSIM store and I did not liked what I read.Thanks in advance for your cooperation.Juan

Guest juan_v

Hi allThey finally got the message (email)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:-violin No hardfeelings from me.....:-wave :-wave JuanHere is a copy of their email message:We apologize. We're shipping a new copyMartin Arant Vmax Flight Systems5853 Atlanta Highway PMB-242Montgomery, Alabama 36117Voice (334) 514-8391 Fax (334) 514-8370email: aeti@simpilot.comVisit us on the internet at http://simpilot.com-----Original Message-----From: Juan Velilla Morton [mailto:velilla@coqui.net]Sent: Friday, May 23, 2003 6:38 AMTo: vmax@simpilot.com; arantSubject: Fw: Your Flight Simulation OrderEmail #4----- Original Message -----From: "Juan Velilla Morton" To: "arant" ; Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2003 4:33 PMSubject: Fw: Your Flight Simulation Order> Third email.......> ----- Original Message -----> From: "Juan Velilla Morton" > To: > Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2003 8:24 PM> Subject: Fw: Your Flight Simulation Order>>> >> > ----- Original Message -----> > From: "Juan Velilla Morton" > > To: "Juan Velilla Morton" ; "arant"> > Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2003 10:36 AM> > Subject: Re: Your Flight Simulation Order> >> >> > > Hello again> > >> > > Just to remind you that the software I received was sealed but when> opened> > > the plastic case was empty, no CD, no booklet, or paper, onlyAIR!!!!!!> > > Please ship me (without charge) the CD along with any documentation.> > >> > > Thanks> > > Juan Velilla Morton> > >

That's a new concept for vaporware! Not the classic one, mind you--just sounds like an "oops" was made during packaging. I have a different O/T story to share. Several years ago, I was given some of my father's old CD's.... Among them was one by Yanni...kind of cool music to fly to....for us older dudes. I popped it into my computer, and out pops Anita Baker.... It was in a Yanni package, had a Yanni label on it, but was an Anita Baker CD.... My poor father (I lost him to cancer in '99 just after his 71st birthday)....he must have played that CD and been so puzzled--he was a big Yanni fan. I still have the CD, and I think of him often when I play "Anita Yanni" :)-John