Sign in to follow this  
DaveH

Why Is It ???

Changing the MOI is another of the parameters someone suggested to try - I did it one one aircraft, and it seemed to help.Again, my question is why do WE have to do it on (almost) every aircraft we download.Dave

Guest Milton

Sorry I didn't notice that didn't show up. It is placed in the {control} section.Milton

Guest WorkingStiff

>There is also a global setting that you may like. This I>picked up over at FSV to cure oversensitive controllers in>general. It makes quite a difference.>>In the [CONTROLS] section of the FS2002.cfg file add the>entry:>>stick_sensitivity_mode=0>>>I might add that it changes nothing in the flight dynamics,>just controller inputs.>>>Milton>If this tip is not already in the FS2002 Tips and Tricks section it should be added promptly. This is probably the most useful idea I've learned in my years on this forum.I had a few hyper-sensitive aircraft and now the fly as well as can be expected.

Thanks Rob, WHOOPS !! replied to the wrong person. Can you suggest a few parameters to change in the airfiles (I have AirEd) to reduce sensitivities (especially pitch) ?Dave Hinson

Rob - please see my post above.Dave

I found the (control) section in the main FS2002.cfg file, NOT in the a/c .cfg files. I did not find the "stick_sensitivity_mode" parameter there, but I added it.Dave Hinson

Guest Mike707

Could someone let me know where I would find the FS2002.cfg file. Thanks.

Guest jaapverduijn

It's in the main FS2002 folder. Quite likely it doesn't show the extension "cfg", so look for a file called "FS2002". Editing can be done with Notepad.Jaap Verduijn.

Guest Marvel

thankyou for the tip. It would be very useful if it work, I've added the command but haven't test fly anything yet.

Guest RobA

Hi Milton, Thanks for that tip, I think. ;-) I added that line to the fs2k2.cfg and indeed it cured the oversensitive input problem. I have a MS Sidewinder Precision Pro stick. The inputs are much smoother now but sometimes I think they are a bit TOO slow, probably because I'm used to wild reactions for 2 yrs! One thing I've noticed is that setting the trim for takeoff and landing is much more important now. lolThanks, Rob

Guest Milton

Exactly Rob... remember when things were very sensitive, you had to de-sensitize control inputs for trim, rudder, steering, etc. Now, you may have to move sensitivities back to higher settings. ;-)Milton

Milton, I tried this, but my plane just shakes like crazy when taking off, and I can't get the thing leave the runway and climb. Any ideas?Dave Hinson

>Milton,>> I tried this, but my plane just shakes like crazy when>taking off, and I can't get the thing leave the runway and>climb. Any ideas?>>Dave HinsonWhat on earth are you attempting to fly?